Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Max Shadow Strike QoP?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Max Shadow Strike QoP? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 17, 2015 3:16pm | Report
Hey friends!

Was just thinking about why people max Scream of Pain over Shadow Strike on QoP. While Scream does scale better with damage (being AOE), the Dagger scales much better otherwise: Higher cast range, a greatly reduced cooldown, and higher damage (over time AND initial).

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 17, 2015 3:39pm | Report
Town Portal Scroll

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 17, 2015 3:52pm | Report
once you hit level 6 you want fast pick offs. Also if we are talking about damage potential, Scream of Pain actually beats Shadow Strike thanks to its aoe component.

Shadow Strike is an amazing lane domination skill however, and its not that rare to see people go for 2 points into it and only then going for Scream of Pain

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » May 17, 2015 4:34pm | Report
Actually pro players do prioritize maxing shadow strike over scream.
However, it's so they can win the lane easily and farm easily.
If you plan on ganking a lot max scream

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 17, 2015 5:18pm | Report
caine1232 wrote:

Actually pro players do prioritize maxing shadow strike over scream.
However, it's so they can win the lane easily and farm easily.
If you plan on ganking a lot max scream

well they dont max it, they sometimes get 2 points if they feel they need it.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 17, 2015 9:14pm | Report
I think the standard QoP skill builds is 2-1-2-1 in the laning stage by 6, maxing Scream and Blink afterwards.

Since whilst Strike deals more damage overall, QoP wants the burst damage more than the harass outside of the laning stage, since it both makes her a better ganker, and increases her farming capabilities.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 17, 2015 11:48pm | Report
the second point in dagger is needed during laning stage. i pretty much always go q-w-q-e-e-r

dagger does some huge damage increase at level 2 so its always worth it early game.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thistle » June 6, 2015 10:40pm | Report
I will experiment with the build, but from what I understand, the primary value of Shadow Strike early on is in the harassment potential as well as the slow, rather than for the actual damage output. The most apparent benefits are the decreased cool down, as well as the increased cast range. During the laning phase, the cast range should never really be an issue, as it's main use is harassing enemies away from the lane (who should easily be within the level 1 range) and assisting in banks (in which case you should be very close). As far as the cool down goes, the only benefit would be increased harassment potential, which in my opinion, is largely unnecessary considering the strong lane presence QoP already has. For banking, you should really only need to cast once in order to secure the kill by allowing your allies to catch up with the fleeing hero. If you feel the need to cast Shadow Strike multiple times during a single gank, you likely had a subpar initiation, as they should be dead by the first burst during their attempted escape in a successful gank attempt. Any more, and you have already either dove too deep, or chased too long and are risking intervention by teammates of the fleeing hero.

Thistle

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved