Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Laning Furion?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Laning Furion? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheJesusFreak » June 26, 2013 12:48pm | Report
I've played hundreds of matches pubbing as Prophet, and yes he can be played quite well as an off-lane, or any lane for that matter. Its a matter of preference, for Nature Prophet is extremely versatile in a sense and either jungling or laning is just whatever you feel comfortable with or necessary.

Hope that helped :D

P.S., maxing out sprout is unwise til late game for the most part, but the 5 sec disable at max is extremely deadly on any Hero who cant brake through trees. Timbersaw and Windrunner along with Treent are very obnoxious when it comes to Sprout and thus are much harder to take care of as such.

TheJesusFreak

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » June 26, 2013 1:59pm | Report
He works decent mid, and is a decent offlaner as well. Not that he is survivable, in fact he is probably one of the easiest to-deal-with offlaners, it's just that you basically use his treants like Lone Druid's bear to block the pull camp, or pull the creep wave making it difficult for the enemy to deny you experience/farm. If they have a strong trilane though, you're easy to kill even under tower, so be weary of that.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zGKrom » June 29, 2013 8:40am | Report
If you play natures prophet on easy lane so you can farm that'd be a nice ideea since you'll usually find more farm on lane than in the jungle, mid laner the same, if you don't have to deal with a nuker and you play wisely, and as an offlaner he's squishy and without a solid escape mechanism he is a sure target for most of the trilanes out there.
The Bird of Hermes is My name, eating My wings to make Me tame.

zGKrom
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: Krom
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » July 11, 2013 5:13pm | Report
If you've got the micro skills, he's a great hero on either the offlane solo or safe trilane carry.
I actually ran him not long ago with a jungling ls, me as NP and a support in lane babysitting NP.
I was able to last hit (well, sort of) as well as stack and pull the camp using treeants.

running him offlane is a bit different but he can farm very quickly with a few levels. Once again, using your mad micro skills (lol at mine) you can block camps and pull the creep wave to your tower. Also, you should be fully ready at level 3 to gank like crazy. If mid or safe lane pushes up, tp in and sprout. I know sprout is awful at low level but it slows them down enough for a hard stun.
Natures prohpet is the king of kill stealing. If played well, he is a massive PITA because of what he can do, even from low level.
You see their mid bottle crowing? Tele to their fountain, kill the courier then buy a tp from their fountain and get back in lane.
They're playing 5 man dota? tele to the far away lane, spawn treeants, get them to push and get back for the team fights.
They're split pushing? Tele in and stop the push or shoots their creeps from across the map (ulti)
They're trying to farm that spectre/am etc, tele in for the gank.

Natures Prophet is either really good, or completely useless dependant entirely on the person playing him. He is one of those heroes that fits most line ups and can do pretty much any role. I've even played him as a hard support with Mek, force staff and arcane boots (along with Bas ring for armour aura) with reasonable success (not his best role but meh)

mattyg2787

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved