Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to solve tusk's early mana problems

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » How to solve tusk's early mana problems 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » July 13, 2013 3:22am | Report
I've been thinking about writing a guide for a support Tusk and was wondering what people thought was the best way to solve his mana problems in early game.
Should you get a ring of basilius, or should you save up a bit for a void stone or mana boots?

T1mmay

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 13, 2013 5:10am | Report
Soul ring is the best option for Tusk if you really want to solve his "mana problems".

These never really existed for me, because I don't spam spells early on unless I'm sure I can get an early kill and I don't really gank until I get my Shadow Blade and my boots.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PepeuSlayer » July 13, 2013 6:40am | Report
I use a bottle and a few claritys until I get a higher level, but he's not that problematic '-'

PepeuSlayer

Steam: PepeuBerseker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » July 13, 2013 6:54am | Report
If you're playing him as a semi carry he won't really have many mana issues. As a support though he does as he will get less xp than he would as a semi carry meaning a smaller mana pool.
Soul ring seems slightly risky on a hero that ganks enemies by getting right next to them, and as a support he won't be that tanky compared to semi carry Tusk.
A bottle isn't viable on any supports really except Io as it gives no stats.

T1mmay

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PepeuSlayer » July 13, 2013 7:03am | Report
I never played with Tusk as a support, but I would prefer to use the mana boots.

PepeuSlayer

Steam: PepeuBerseker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » July 13, 2013 7:11am | Report
Tusk support is awesome, although he is very level dependant. I think mana boots probably is the best as ring isn't really worth it on you as you don't need the armor. Soul ring lessens your health and your ganking style won't be good with that. And void stone just gives only regeneration. Probably get a wand before as that can help whilst you save up the 1000.

T1mmay

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 14, 2013 12:54pm | Report
I just get a Robe of the Magi on him then get drums.It usually works.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » July 14, 2013 12:57pm | Report
Arcane Boots / Urn of Shadows.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 14, 2013 2:35pm | Report
Lane with Keeper of the Light :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by T1mmay » July 14, 2013 4:29pm | Report
Best answer yet :p
Completely forgot about urn, but seems to fit Tusk brilliantly. More strength, mana regen, and can heal after ganks. And you should have charges as you are a ganker. And it's not too pricey and can be built in cheap parts if things don't go too well.

T1mmay

Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved