Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Discussion: Queen of Pain

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Hero Discussion: Queen of Pain 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 26, 2015 2:04pm | Report
Alright guys, welcome back!

We all know Queen of Pain is very popular in the competitive scene, and I myself have been having tons of fun destroying pubs with her.

The usual stuff: Item and Skill build, playstyle, then let the discussion roll!
My build:

2-1-0-0 by 3,

2-1-2-1 by 6,

4-1-4-2 by 11.

Item: Bottle >> Null Talisman x2 >> Power Treads >> Orchid Malevolence >> ( Black King Bar) >> Aghanim's Scepter >> Scythe of Vyse >> Assault Cuirass

Playstyle: Wreck their mid. Try to get first blood. Then snowball and kill everyone.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 26, 2015 3:38pm | Report
You max Shadow Strike before Blink?
I dont agree with that skillbuild, the cooldown of blink is just so daaaaamn long on low levels, and shadow strike only doubles in damage from level 1 to 4.
Sure the cooldown reduction and slow is nice but it already does the majority of what its supposed to do at level 1, and that tiny bit of damage doesnt do that much.

Itembuild could also be a bit more flexible. Orchid and double null arent always needed. ( Get double null against RTZ though for EZ MMR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fires.of.hell » May 26, 2015 3:52pm | Report
Mostly at pro scene, Shadow Strike is left for 2 levels and I agree with Timm. That 15 sec cooldown time for Blink is tooooo long. If you maxed Blink over Shadow Strike it would be a great advantage for a squishy hero.

fires.of.hell

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » May 26, 2015 4:07pm | Report
Yup, as others have said you're better off with maxing Blink first. Shadow Strike's main usefulness is that it is a strong harassing ability, and even as such the damage isn't what makes it great, but the slow allowing you to throw a couple more autoattacks at the enemy mid/offlaner/wherever you happen to lane. Although the damage is really high lvl 4, it is dealt over 15 seconds. When mid-game comes, it's not worth it to level it up. The Blink cd reduction is much better as it allows you to be unpredictable in fights jumping in and out and staying in the outskirts dealing your damage and waiting for your nukes to come off cooldown.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 26, 2015 11:32pm | Report
Ok... thanks for the info guys!

That's just what I usually go... Linken's >> Skadi (stat build) is also a thing.)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved