Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Cookie Cutter...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Cookie Cutter... 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » November 2, 2012 5:31am | Report
So, yesterday a serious of games had me telling some guys that they need to think outside the box, outside the cookie cutter to be more specific.

Team comp was Undying, luna, lion, sk, and venomancer. The opponents were Ck, Enigma, Tides, ThD, and puck.

So we do well early game and are winning, then late game comes and the sk refuses to push with team until luna gets a bkb. Mind you we have been kicking their *** in team fights, this sk also has a damn radiance and claimed it helps him deal a ton of dmg with his ult...... WTF. So 20 minutes go buy and he refuses.... I mean REFUSES to come help, and just keeps farming until luna gets a bkb.

So as the game went it became apparent that we all needed bkbs now because the tides was actually timing his ult correct with enigma... Point being this game would have ended almost 30 minutes prior if this stubborn *** sk would have helped...

Sometimes you have to do something other then what you know to win... The cookie cutter builds were not neccessary for luna, although we know it would have helped, we didn't need it since the situation early was heavily favored on us... The sk almost cost us the game. Lucky for us their enigma made a dire mistake at jumping us at roshan early without his team and we were able to win it.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 2, 2012 5:43am | Report
Well, don't expect good and cooperative players while playing solo queue, if you want to avoid mistakes and bad players as much as possible, try to play with friends.

There will always be bad players, we can't do anything about it.

And yeah, the game could have ended way faster and easier if the Chaos Knight was cooperating with you.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » November 2, 2012 7:12am | Report
Its so frustrating being in this situation where you know you can win and some idiot on your team refuses to participate, basically throwing an easy win game. You would think that listening and cooperating were easy enough to do, but no.... Ah well, pubs will always be pubs. At least you guys won that game.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » November 2, 2012 8:58am | Report
This was a captains game.... We were 3 man and the SK and Lion were duo

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 2, 2012 9:02am | Report

This was a captains game.... We were 3 man and the SK and Lion were duo

Even if you are three, even if you are four, it's still bad, one is enough to ruin the game.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » November 2, 2012 9:04am | Report
who's ThD?

The problem with winning - is when the Noob SK didn't push, how now things you won thanks to his efforts Sigh!!

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LiLPr0 » November 2, 2012 9:19am | Report
Twin headed dragon

LiLPr0

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » November 2, 2012 2:18pm | Report
Its even worse that this was in a captains mode game. If you are going to play captains, that generally means you are fine with picking good heroes to round out your team and cooperate.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » November 9, 2012 4:54pm | Report
BTW The Luna is played by none other than Pu12e in this match. We ended up winning :)

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 12, 2012 4:42am | Report
If you're winning the fights...best to take advantage while you're ahead.

No slight on all SK players, but there does some to be a relatively common issue with them - where they try and convince everyone that he's a proper carry. (and usually fail miserably, taking the whole team with them)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved