Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Team recruiting people wanting to get into competitive games

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Team recruiting people wanting to get into competitive games 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Spokesbama » June 5, 2014 9:18pm | Report
One thing before you read this, If you friended me about my last post, I had to delete you. Don't take it personally. I thought only 2-3 people would friend me but like 10-15 people did. I just would like to know everyone's skills and such without having to remember it all.

Anyway, we are a team looking for amateurs looking to join a competitive team. Don't worry about roles, just be honest in what you play best, because we are compatible and can be different roles depending on what the team needs. Also, our main way of communication is Skype, and it would be best of you lived in the US and spoke English.

This application is not a tryout to the team, it is just to see your skills, playing style, and stuff like that.

Application:

Steam Name/ID -
Age -
Dota 2 level -
MMR (If you have one) -
Best Role (1-5) -
Other roles you could play, If there is any (1-5) -
Playing style (Defensive, Aggressive etc.) -
Best Heroes -
Why do you want to join the team? (I Know this is a hard question) -

Thanks for reading, just reply and fill out the application.
Don't lie in the application, please just be honest. We don't pick people by just their level or MMR, we choose who will fit our team the best.

Spokesbama

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » June 6, 2014 12:57am | Report
Steam Name-Fleet
Age-well now I don't bandy around personal details on the internet, if you really need to know I can send you a PM
Dota 2 level-I believe its 30, although its jumped around a little going up and down in a patch a while a go, I mean really it went down 6 levels one day, volvo stop that ****.
MMR: currently about 1400 but varies between 1300-1800, which happens when I play at midnight.
Best Role-Probably 3 but im a bit of an all rounder
Other roles: as said all of them really. 1,2,3,4,5
Playing style: I prefer to be fairly defensive just waiting and farming until an opportunity presents its self, I can play aggressive but im not overly fond of it.
Best Heroes: probably invoker, I really don't have any hero besides him amazingly good, I can play every hero at a fairly steady skill level besides lone druid, I always screw him up. But yeah, best hero is invoker.
I would like to join the team as I have been playing dota for a while and as im a bit of a tryhard in games and the people on pubs are not I thought having a team would be nice, some people I could improve with, have fun with and hopefully win some games. And best of all, in a team there are no spanish people screaming at me and bad mexican music playing while a russian pretends to be an icehockey commentator.

Thanks for considering my application, Hope I can join ;)
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Spokesbama » June 6, 2014 7:14pm | Report
bump

Spokesbama

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MukaMuka » June 6, 2014 9:57pm | Report
Steam Name/ID - Muka Muka
Age - 23
Dota 2 level - 200
MMR (If you have one) - solo 3400
Best Role (1-5) - It's a toss up between 2 and 3
Other roles you could play, If there is any (1-5) - anything but carry
Playing style (Defensive, Aggressive etc.) - I like to play extremely aggressive early game no matter who I'm playing. I like to smoke gank as support and try to force team fights as a ganker.
Best Heroes - I can play a wide variety (pretty much any hero) but my best would be Skywrath Mage and Timbersaw
Why do you want to join the team? (I Know this is a hard question) - I'm looking to play a lot of TMM and Tournament style games. I also want to implement strategies that we have worked on as a team and see our team style evolve into something unique.

MukaMuka

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Loafninja » June 8, 2014 4:10pm | Report
Steam Name/ID - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Loafninja/
Age - 23
Dota 2 level - 65ish
MMR (If you have one) - 3400ish
Best Role (1-5) - I get forced into support most often for pub games, but I feel I can play any role equally.
Other roles you could play, If there is any (1-5) - Ditto.
Playing style (Defensive, Aggressive etc.) - I'm adaptable, depending on the draft/flow of the game.
Best Heroes - My most played right now are Venge, Silencer, and Enigma, though I've got a pretty wide pool.
Why do you want to join the team? (I Know this is a hard question) - I'm looking for a team that's consistent but not super hardcore. I can play a couple games a night, 4-5 nights a week. I'm looking for a team that is willing and able to grow, and I'd love to eventually push into amateur tournaments. I'm looking for a group of cool people to play with, and to track our own skill progression with.

Also, I'm looking for a consistent group that all speak English, and all use the mic in-game. Pub games/solo queues suck.

Loafninja

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kvothe64 » June 9, 2014 6:27am | Report
Hey, im hoping to fit in and try out i guess for this team. I play pretty well with almost all the heros by now as I think I have around 2000 hours of dota playing time. I have been switching around teams a ton, but I hope that I can stick with this one for a while hopefully!

Alias: Affinity
Steam ID (please link): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071777378/
MMR: 3.5 solo
Number of Wins: 682
Number of Hours logged on Dota: 1,682 (haha exactly the same amount of wins I have! except for the thousand)
Schedule by Hour (Please give time zone): Us east, I usually play a lot during the early part of the day and night
Positions(1-5): usually 1-3
Any previous competitive experience? Yes, been on other teams such as Team paradox (disbanded now)
Favorite Hero:any farming hero, alce, antimage,
What do you think you can offer this team? I have very good situational awareness, as well as a large lane presence and knowing what to do at the right time.

A quick note, I will not be able to play dota for 2 WEEKS, as I am very fortunate to be going to go the seee the worl cup for soccer down in Brazil. It would be crazy for you to reject me becuase of that withought playing, but if you do, life goes on. Cya,
Kvothe64

Kvothe64

Notable (1)
Steam: Affinity

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved