Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Starting New Highly Competitive Swedish/EU Team

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Starting New Highly Competitive Swedish/EU Team 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Likes_Cats » February 27, 2013 3:07pm | Report
Hard and fast requirements: Please be able to play at least 55 hours of dota per week and have the majority of your games already in very high skill bracket.

Hey everyone!

My name is Toby and I am looking for 4 highly skilled and dedicated players from Sweden or possibly other parts of western Europe to play together and start entering (and winning) tournaments.

My DBR for the short time it was available was in the 98th percentile. I have a lot of experience drafting as well as captaining a team in scrims.

What I am looking for in potential players...

People who play many hours every day - As the captain of the team, I am not working or going to school and am fully dedicated to dota right now. This is the hardest part of finding players.. there are a lot of decent players with potential but not a lot of people willing to put their life on hold to try to play dota professionally. Unfortunately if you aren't willing/able to make a serious and consistent time commitment this isn't the team for you.

People who are extremely proactive about improving - I will talk openly about mistakes of myself and everyone else and encourage everyone to do the same. We will of course watch replays of losses or wins if there is something to be learned. We will play the same hero for 50 games in a row if necessary. If any of this is too tryhard for you then this isn't the team for you.

People who are extremely mannered and mature - We don't trash talk and we let people pause.

People who communicate and listen well - Knowing what information is useful for the rest of the team to have and consistently communicating it when you can is very important to us. Being able to focus on what you are doing while listening for MIA calls or plays from the captain is as well. One of the biggest thing I want that 99% of people don't do is to acknowledge when people tell you something and if you call something and you don't get some sort of feedback that they hear you to call it again and make sure you are heard. Sometimes in a trilane you have a lot going on and when mid calls missing you don't really hear it. If the mid calls missing and noone says okok lets get back etc then the mid should call it again and be loud and make sure people are playing correctly. It's not a pub where you just call missing so people don't yell at you later. You call missing to help your teammates so make sure they hear you and act accordingly.

I almost always make the picks and call the plays during the game. Players can suggest things other than what I call during the game at which point I'll agree or disagree and we'll act accordingly. If a player (even someone new to the team) thinks a pick or call was bad they are encouraged to bring it up and discuss it after the game but not during.

I think that covers most of what I wanted to say. If you are interested in a tryout then feel free to add me on skype (tsvelnis) or steam(Likes_Cats)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065704450/

Likes_Cats

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved