Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Searching Players for Pub Team

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Searching Players for Pub Team 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wasserbienchen » February 7, 2014 3:51am | Report
Hello everyone,

if you're looking for a competitive team, you're wrong here.

Me and two of my friends, Fabusol and Tay-Tay, are looking for two more people to play pub games with in a friendly atmosphere without running into people who have no idea about teamwork or are incredibly rude to the point of ruining the game. It's rather casual, but we're looking for people who actively try to learn the game and improve, so that there's at least a certain competitive aspect to it. We all speak English, so that's a must (but you should be good if you're reading this.)

About us:

We are at around 200 games and around level 20, with myself being slightly lower and Tay-Tay being slightly above. Yes, we're not very high in level, but we tend to be decent for it. We're ages 19, 20 and 21.

I am personally more of a support, so I play a lot of 4s and 5s. I pride myself in the ward ***** and courier ***** positions and am rather alright in keeping people alive and helping in teamfights. I do, however, play other roles and am learning how to play offensively. Dazzle, Treant Protector, Vengeful Spirit, Keeper of the Light, Lich - those are some of my most played and most successful heroes. I have also played Lifestealer, Rubick and Enchantress and intend to play more Queen of Pain, Weaver, Crystal Maiden and Timbersaw.

Fabusol, probably the best player out of all of us, is a very versatile, more offensively oriented player. He often goes for position 2 or 3, being a very good solo player, and also position 4s, especially jungling heroes. He can fill a lot of nieches but doesn't enjoy playing simple characters. His most successful heroes so far are Crystal Maiden, Mirana and Omniknight, but he is playing more and more characters like Puck, Enigma, Nature's Prophet, Morphling, Ancient Apparition and Legion Commander.

The last of our bunch, Tay-Tay, is mostly a dedicated pusher. In the early phases of her DotA gaming, she focused on Windrunner and Windrunner only, having over 150 games with her. However, she now plays a series of characters like Leshrac, Pugna, Witch Doctor, Luna and Ancient Apparition.
She's also the only one of us who lives in the US and is therefore least available.

About you:

Superficially, you should be from western Europe or at least be able to play around the evening of western Europe, usually around 19-23 GMT, with maybe two hours flexibility. You should be around our experience level (around level 15-25). Well, you can technically vary but why would you want to join us instead of people of your own experience group?

We don't expect you to be the best player ever, but we epect you to be willing to learn.
We're not serious about competitive dota, and we're far from that level, but we will be trying to improve our game. So ideally, you should be open to suggestions and critique, and be able to objectively dish it out, too. If you enjoy our company, that'd be great and would add a lot more fun to it.

In terms of player positions, we obviously search what we lack. We lack dedicated carries and since none of us really likes playing a hard carry all the time, anyone who loves playing offense and getting the regular "Godlike" or "War Criminal" is appreciated. We do search versatility however and being able to switch roles, so while it's a good idea that you can play and enjoy playing carry, you should be able to fill into different roles and heroes.

We are most importantly looking for team players who can see the picture of the game and are willing to put a bit of time into improving their games.
I'm not expecting that many replies, but any reply will be given a chance, even if you don't seem to fulfill all the "criteria". They're more guidelines than hard requirements. We'll play a game with you in any scenario. Maybe you decide you don't like us after all! We do hope to at least gain some friends who are willing to play occasionally, and we do prefer people who are really fun to play with than people who are amazing but don't synergise well with us. So give it a chance even if you're not quite sure. (;

Best wishes to all of you,
W***erbienchen

Wasserbienchen

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AcMilan91 » February 10, 2014 12:22am | Report
i am mid player from eu 4k mmr,good english

AcMilan91

Steam: niidza
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DarthB » February 11, 2014 3:56pm | Report
Hey Wasabee,

can you clarify on your understanding on competitive? Is playing public captains mode instead of all-pick a nogo or an aim for your future? Maybe you already playing captains mode?

We are a bunch of people from EU West who want to play more captains mode instead of all-pick in the future. We are six people, three of us are in the region of level 30 but we also have three new-comers who are at the region of level 10. So there might be evenings when we are already five players but I'm looking forward to play some matches together with you guys&gals.

I will introduce the more experienced of us shortly:
DarthB - I enjoy to play position 1-3 most, Luna, Puck, Viper, Lifestealer, Dark Seer, Weaver are the heroes I have the most experience with

VoLlNoOb - Plays position 1-2 or 4, Carry, Mid or Support (no ward-*****), He has the most experience with Outworld Devourer, Wraith King, Sniper, Shadow Shaman, Luna

Nani - Plays Support mostly, has some experience with QoP mid but has more experience playing heroes like Crystal maiden, Jakiro, Lina, Vengeful Spirit or KOTL.

Greetings
DarthB

P.S.
Just saw your deviantart page, will add you in skype.

DarthB

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved