Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Only 6 Players in a dota team :/

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Only 6 Players in a dota team :/ 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WickedErp » March 19, 2013 11:20am | Report
Hey guys,

well, I try to make it as short as possible. Do you have any news about the future development of dota teams?
Right now it is as you know only possible to have 6 players in one team. But we've got like 15 players and don't want to build "sqauds" since we all play mixed up. This s*cks 'cause when we play a team game and switch a player afterwards, we have to "restart". Our stats are resetted when we kick a player and add a new one. So basically we create a new team over and over again. Do you know what I mean? Is there anyone who can give some advices about that?

Thx in advance,

Erp
If you mess with the best, you die like the rest.

WickedErp

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 19, 2013 12:39pm | Report
I think the 6-players limit is a good choice because, at the end of the day, if you play with 10-15 people you're not a team but a "group of friends" and the stats may vary based on the matchmaking level from match to match.

In my opinion, you should try without forming a team with the built-in system because it wouldn't be so useful with so many players in it; otherwise just create alternative accounts and put one per team with different friends. The downside is that, in this case, you would have to restart from level 0 and will need a lot of accounts.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved