Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone from Southeast Asia?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Anyone from Southeast Asia? 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ROFLmyWAFL » October 28, 2013 11:44pm | Report
Hello all.

I've been playing dota 2 for about 5 months now and I've gotten a solid feel for the game mechanics and strategy (ie: laning, hero selection, hero ROLES, etc.) However, a good portion of the players (if I can call them that) do NOT grasp these concepts and seem to think dota 2 is every man for himself.

Another issue I'd run into is language barriers. Even though I queue with English as the selected language, I still end up with the majority of my team babbling in another language. I have nothing against them speaking in their own language and I truly appreciate those that are willing to speak English to me upon request but the language barrier hinders team communication and ultimately team play and more often than not we end up losing. The universal language of pinging only gets us so far.

This is why I have turned to dotafire. I'd reasonably assume that members of dotafire have taken the extra effort to learn more about dota 2 strategy and are this generally better players to queue with so I'm reaching out to the dotafire community for anyone willing to band together and play as a cohesive unit. Matchmaking is half the battle after all.

I'm from Singapore and usually play random draft on SEA servers and can adopt pretty much any role other than carry. I'm looking for players that are basically educated on the basic strategies of the game, good communicators and preferably English speaking and a good sense of humour is a great plus. If you think you fit the bill and want to play a game or two with me feel free to add me :) my IGN is ROFLmyWAFL

ggwp
commend pls ty

ROFLmyWAFL

Steam: ROFLmyWAFL
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DadiSingkit » October 29, 2013 2:42am | Report
Wow, the exact same feeling I have! It's like you wrote what I wanted to say except replace 'Singapore' with 'Philippines'. I can be your buddy but I am not pro :((.
I don't need a team all I want is some GOOD people to play with. By GOOD I mean at least average skilled and most importantly good-mannered I do have playmates but they are very rude, even though I carry them(midgame) most of the time they still babble about stuff since I'm mostly quiet. If you want to play with me I will be very glad.
SteamID: DadiSingkit
Cheers!! :D

DadiSingkit

Notable (2)
Steam: Dadisingkit

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved