Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Legitimate Year Beast Strategy?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Legitimate Year Beast Strategy? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » March 1, 2015 7:59am | Report
I'm thinking just ultra push Brood, and having the beast help with pushes to victory. Thoughts?
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 1, 2015 11:40am | Report
While Brood is alright for split push, but she doesn't do that well in this game mode. I think there are a couple approaches to this game-mode. Either you pick a good early fighting team or you pick a good early pushing team.

Certain lineups can take rax with the beast on its first life. I think Zeus, Undying, Warlock, Omniknight, Juggernaut is a really good lineup. If Zeus gets his ult by 5 minutes in the midlane you can't lose a fight when your Beast is up. Undying decay + double zeus ult + upheaval + Jugg, one of the best early game fighting carries + Omniknight's healing and protecting power = ggwp. I always see teams go up against this lineup and lose every team fight but it is counterable by just not taking fights. If you see their beast in one lane, tp to another lane and push with your team. The main weakness of this strat is that while it pushes at an ok speed, different lineups can easily outpush it.

There are also some other good strats like mega buffing the beast - pick Ogre Magi and Magnus, max out Bloodlust and Empower first and when the beast comes up you buff it and laugh maniacally. Mainly you want early game damage dealers, disablers, and healers.

Other heroes to consider are Earthshaker, teams group up-ALOT, so getting off a good Echo Slam can be game changing also his plethora of stuns makes it so when the other team trys to save their beast by tping it you can stop that. Dazzle-armor, heals and grave. Razor can steal all the beasts damage, Bloodseeker has a massive AOE Silence, a damage buff that also heals the beast when he kills something, and rupture for the other teams beast-kind of gimmicky but it works since the beast never stops moving. Troll Warlord is good in any pushing lineup

Check out this guide for a more detailed summary of the Year Beast Brawl: YBB Guide

And this video for why the Year Beast Brawl has a bit of a pay-to-win problem: 20 Rocks, Refresher Aura OP

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 1, 2015 11:56am | Report
I should probably mention that I have kind of given up on the Year Beast Brawl, my PC is very slow so I load in 5 seconds after everyone else and by then, the other team has already instapicked a good combo of heroes. I suggest that if you want to win, get in a five stack, come prepared with a fighting strategy and a pushing strategy, if the other team picks a fighting strat then pick a pushing strat and avoid them. This is just my opinion and since I don't really play Year Beast Brawl anymore, I'm not the most experienced in it.

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 1, 2015 1:37pm | Report
Zeus Fatal Bonds combo too stronk. Broodmomma ded in .1 seconds.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » March 1, 2015 6:04pm | Report
I just won my first game as Bloodseeker, basically not using the beast, just gabbing whenever I can right before year beast time so that they can't kill it.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved