Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How Much Would You Pay for a Skeleton Key?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How Much Would You Pay for a Skeleton Key? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 14, 2013 7:24am | Report
So I see a lot of people complaining about the number of chest drops vs item drops in games. I'm sure Valve makes pretty good money selling keys of different types for different chests.

My question is, how much would you be willing to pay for a permanent / semi-permanent skeleton key? $60? $100? Perhaps the most realistic idea would be $20-$30 per month for a skeleton key that would open every chest that dropped for you for 30 days.

I think it would make sense for Valve to sell an item like this. They wouldn't necessarily lose all that much money over selling a dozen $3 keys per month, and I'm sure some players who don't bother to buy individual keys right now would pay $30 for a key that would open every chest they have right now and every chest that drops for the next month.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 14, 2013 7:41am | Report
I think the skelleton key should have a 99(or whatever number, I just came up with this one cause I play The binding of Isaac and there is a Skeleton Key there that gives you 99 keys) usage term, not open every chest you have for 30 days.People would just buy chests and open them.Having a limit would ensure that it's not abused.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » November 14, 2013 8:04am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I think the skelleton key should have a 99(or whatever number, I just came up with this one cause I play The binding of Isaac and there is a Skeleton Key there that gives you 99 keys) usage term, not open every chest you have for 30 days.People would just buy chests and open them.Having a limit would ensure that it's not abused.

Bear in mind that chest prices on the marketplace would be adjusted accordingly.

Currently you can pick up chests for £0.03 each, but that wouldn't be the case if there was such a thing as a 'Skeleton Key' for unlimited use.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 14, 2013 9:34am | Report
Maybe it could only work on dropped chests, and not on purchased chests. Or make the purchased chests more expensive, as another already mentioned.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sprout » November 14, 2013 11:40am | Report
It would have way too big of an impact to the trading community, if anything they could sell a bunch of keys at a discount?

I would like some hero-specific chests though, haven't been any in a while and I have some treasure keys lying around.

Sprout

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved