Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Few Gripes...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » A Few Gripes... 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrimarchXIII » May 27, 2015 12:32am | Report
Hey Bros. I hope that everyone is excited for TI! <3
I have been playing a lot more DotA lately and a few things occurred that annoyed me so I wanted to get your respected opinions and suggestions;

1) I was playing a game with 2 friends and 1 of them DC'd. We knew he was coming back so we paused and asked for a minute to wait. In response, the other team immediately unpaused. We paused again but they unpaused once more...We couldn't pause again so we had to play a man down for a few minutes. How is it fair that the other team can simply unpause and get an advantage simply because they don't want to wait? I was wondering if maybe a timer could be implemented or the rules tweaked to allow for a little time for someone to RC.

2) I am guilty of missing a game or 2 by not Accepting quick enough...(sorry) It happened on the weekend and while I accepted to consequences, I thought that 5 mins is too long to be restricted from queuing again! I know it was silly to leave my room to grab a drink but if you had already been waiting for a long time, ( I was already in queue for 5 mins...) why such a long penalty? Maybe reduce it to 2 minutes?

3) I am mostly playing Ranked games now. Although I'm not obsessed with raising my MMR, I had a gripe following a few games. I had 1 game where our Lycan fed then abandoned and another where one of our team disconnected and didn't come back. In these cases, I thought that it was a bit unfair that our team should lose MMR due to a DC or RQ. It's not unheard of to win 4v5, but it is much more difficult. I was thinking that if you should finish a game with less than 5 men, maybe you should lose less MMR than usual? I'm sure this could be abused though...

So, these are a few gripes I had. I know changing the above is no easy task but I would very much like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thank you and until next time, may all your games be good ones.

PrimarchXIII

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 27, 2015 12:36am | Report
I played against these people that were real, intelligent trolls.

The three stack disconnected, and therefore was assessed with an abandon due to inactivity. My own teammates realized that this game was no longer worth playing, therefore they disconnected after the game was safe to leave. Then, after my own teammates dc'ed, the three stack reconnected, causing the game to be effectively 5v3 against us.

:D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Devampi » May 27, 2015 4:36pm | Report
well I agree on the first part it is very annoying but well then we decide to punish them hard for unpausing (it's even more annoying if your own teammate does it)

the second part is against the people who just queue to annoy others. I recommend to leave after you clicked accept

3 well sometimes you can still win (also should you win that player loses mmr you won't get more though)
In love with the random button

Devampi

Notable (1)
Steam: Devampi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » May 28, 2015 9:33pm | Report
There's a 30 sec time period where the other team can't unpause if you have a DC. After you burn through those you're left to the niceness of the other team (good luck).

It's kinda on you for getting punished for missing games. Think about it from the other perspective. You've been waiting 5 mins for a match. Finally you accept one, then you're stuck on 9/10 connected for awhile until someone finally doesn't accept, then it's more time spent searching. It's there for a reason. Just get your stuff all ready before you start searching, it's not that hard.

I agree completely about DCs and ranked games. My mmr fell about 750 points in about a two week span because people in my servers were having connection issues. Idk if it was maintenance or what, but I never experienced a single DC and yet my teammates constantly did. Several times the games we were playing were won, but one DC caused us to lose instead. They need to do something about this because my mmr still hasn't recovered fully because I fell into a significant trench from where I was.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Devampi » May 30, 2015 10:51am | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

There's a 30 sec time period where the other team can't unpause if you have a DC. After you burn through those you're left to the niceness of the other team (good luck).

well if this 30 sec thing is real then I think it's broken as when we pause for one of my friends DCing they can literately unpause straight after the pause starts
In love with the random button

Devampi

Notable (1)
Steam: Devampi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved