Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

When to push lanes/go for rax.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » When to push lanes/go for rax. 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 20, 2014 2:14am | Report
Hello,

I have another game i would like some advice on.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/971658518

It was an odd game, if you look at the exp graph we should have won it but we didn't. Basically, they took our rax in the mid-game when they were winning every encounter, but when the game got later we started to win all the fights.
The problem was a mix of creeps pushing into our base and a lack of vision. If we went to push the lanes out fully, 2 pushing one lane, 2 another, 1 another, we would be picked off. So our Templar Assassin was pushing as best he could while we kept the pressure to at least where the T2's should be. But no matter what the lanes were always going to push back in.
We had an opportunity to get 2 set's of rax when we got 4 of them and only our Abaddon was down. Me ( Tidehunter), Templar Assassin and Razor went to get them, but the Razor decided to take the last standing T2. We thought, with an Agh's wielding Razor we could get 2 sets of Rax, but we only got mid-rax before respawn's and had to back. The T2 didn't fall.
Me and the TA think the game hinged there. If we could have got 2 set's the pressure would have been off a lot more and it would have given us some scope to be more offensive.

Any advice on where we could have improved in late especially, mid-game was poor. We just weren't clicking and the other team was on top. (if we could ignore the couple of mis-placed Ravage's i would appreciate it...).

Cheers,
Romark
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » October 20, 2014 4:57am | Report
Phantom assassin ?? On your side I only see Razor, CM, TA, Abaddon and Tide.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 20, 2014 5:13am | Report
Moodkill wrote:

Phantom assassin ?? On your side I only see Razor, CM, TA, Abaddon and Tide.

Templar Assassin ... ... I'm an idiot.

EDIT: Fixt
Dimonychan wrote:

Romark14

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » October 20, 2014 5:45am | Report
During the fight where 4 enemies were eliminated did they have buyback ready? If they didn't I think your team had enough power to go straight for the ancient that is if Razor followed with you guys though. I think the worst decision was what Razor did, instead of focusing the last Tier 2 you guys had the chance to get the ancient, as long as CM and Tide sort-of blocked the enemy while you guys rat the ancient. Did the TA really had problems with Bloodseeker though? It's just one hero with evasion only anyway. Cheers to you too drunken haze

Moodkill

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 20, 2014 5:51am | Report
Moodkill wrote:

During the fight where 4 enemies were eliminated did they have buyback ready? If they didn't I think your team had enough power to go straight for the ancient that is if Razor followed with you guys though. I think the worst decision was what Razor did, instead of focusing the last Tier 2 you guys had the chance to get the ancient, as long as CM and Tide sort-of blocked the enemy while you guys rat the ancient. Did the TA really had problems with Bloodseeker though? It's just one hero with evasion only anyway. Cheers to you too drunken haze

I don't think they had buyback, if they did they didn't use it defend the rax.
I thought we could rush the Ancient, but the TA thought it was unlikely so we were going to try 2 rax instead. Though if the first set fell quickly we probably would have tried it.

Bloodcyka was mainly feeding off the CM and Razor. Most of TA's death's were in teamfight's.
Dimonychan wrote:

Romark14

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » October 20, 2014 6:08am | Report
Yeah kinda guessed it, to win games you need manly BALLS but having too much balls is also bad though. I think that game decisions like these should be judged on what your team wants, better together than apart.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved