Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

When to draft AM? What is AM current Tier???

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » When to draft AM? What is AM current Tier??? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Konstantin_C » April 7, 2015 6:36am | Report
Hello guys. I'm here to ask you for your suggestions and advices. My main question is: Is it only me or Anti Mage lost his place as carry in current meta?

I had some bad experience when I drafted Anti-Mage.
First, everyone should be so careful when decide to pick him. Anti-Mage is so weak during lane phase if opponent is going to run agro trilane. Without free farm, he will be useless and game is lost in my opinion. Or I'm wrong? Is there some way to actually do well against agro trilane? On the other hand,I must say he is doing well against solo offlaners because his Mana Break.
Let's suppose that Anti-Mage had free farm and we are 20 minutes in the game. That is the time when opponents will start to push and force out team fights. By that time Anti-Mage will have Battle Fury, Power Treads and maybe Manta Style. If you decide to help team in team fights, I found that you can't do much because lack of Black King Bar is devastating. Also many semi-carries or carries will be stronger than you. If you don't help, your team will probably lose towers and might even feed opponents. So what is right to do in this situations?
The most happened scenario was that opponents won match after 30-35 minutes. And I never saw game changing contribute from Anti-Mage at that time.
So hit me with some smart and constructive posts please.

Konstantin_C

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 7, 2015 12:19pm | Report
Konstantin_C wrote:

Hello guys. I'm here to ask you for your suggestions and advices. My main question is: Is it only me or Anti Mage lost his place as carry in current meta?

Not at all, he's still Drafted occasionally in Competetive. He just lacks the same impact as Troll Warlord, Sniper or Juggernaut. He's still a much better Split-Pusher than them by far though.
Konstantin_C wrote:

I had some bad experience when I drafted Anti-Mage.
First, everyone should be so careful when decide to pick him. Anti-Mage is so weak during lane phase if opponent is going to run agro trilane. Without free farm, he will be useless and game is lost in my opinion. Or I'm wrong? Is there some way to actually do well against agro trilane?

Fight or Rotate.

Andy isn't that weak in Tri vs Tri, he just isn't that strong either. Just bear a few things in mind:-

• You gain Exp extremely slowly, so Blink will have a 12 second Cooldown for quite a while, and your 6 will come much later that Mid's o Solo Offlane's.
  • Tri vs Tri is won by the Defensive Tri-Lane so long as they don't die. If there are 0 kills on both sides 10 minutes in, you just owned them, be careful when Blink is on Cooldown.
  • Don't worry if you aren't Farming much against the Aggro Tri, you can always Rotate and Farm up elsewhere later on, they can slow you down, but a good Carry Player can't be stopped.
  • If you're not getting Farm from your Lane and you're not ready to Rotate, hide by the Tower and send your Supports to Gank Mid, if your Mid is Freefarming with 2 Kills and 0 Deaths, you can bet they're going to start worrying about him more than you...or else just let him get Fed and he can stomp in hte Mid-Game while you catch up <}3
Konstantin_C wrote:

Let's suppose that Anti-Mage had free farm and we are 20 minutes in the game. That is the time when opponents will start to push and force out team fights. By that time Anti-Mage will have Battle Fury, Power Treads and maybe Manta Style.

If you've had Freefarm, you should definitely have at least this much by 20:00.
Konstantin_C wrote:

If you decide to help team in team fights, I found that you can't do much because lack of Black King Bar is devastating. Also many semi-carries or carries will be stronger than you. If you don't help, your team will probably lose towers and might even feed opponents. So what is right to do in this situations?

Split-Push and Farm. If you're Team can't fight without you, they need to play it safe and Farm up themselves. So long as you don't get caught out and manage to get plenty of Space, you can easily get Black King Bar along with the other Items mentioned previously by 25:00 - 30:00.

Push out a Creep Wave as far as you dare, then clear out nearby Jungle Camps, and move to the next Lane. If you're constantly Killing Creeps, you'll almost always Outfarm the other Team.
Konstantin_C wrote:

The most happened scenario was that opponents won match after 30-35 minutes. And I never saw game changing contribute from Anti-Mage at that time.
So hit me with some smart and constructive posts please.

RAT HARDER!!! >8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pocciox » April 7, 2015 4:48pm | Report
I think it's not That much out of Meta. It's situational: usually, bad games for phantom assassin are good for anti mage because of the physical or magical damage.
I think that you really need to have proper supports and enemies to pick him. and you Need a mid game space Creator like broodmama...

Pocciox

Notable (2)
Steam: Pocciox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » April 7, 2015 9:18pm | Report
I've had success with him when playing him lately. He's still a good pick when the enemy team has a lot of magic damage, and he can farm relatively safely with blink and escape gankers.

I watched a Na'vi game the other day where they drafted a last pick AM against Skywrath, Zeus, Tinker, some other nuker, and PL. Perfect pick with all the magic damage flying around, and cleave really hurts PL's illusions. It's just about knowing when to pick him. If you want a hard farmer, someone like Spec or Medusa is probably going to be better, and if you want your carry to leave the lane and participate early then pick Troll or Juggernaut.

If you're confident with the hero and you can find farm in the early game, AM is still a good pick. He won't be able to manfight a Jugg or Troll though.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Konstantin_C » April 8, 2015 8:04am | Report
I'm grateful that you guys shared your thoughts with me. I'll try to draft him as 5th pick in games where opponents have a lot of intelligence heroes (or just high mana pool heroes) in combination with defensive supports (such as Dazzle, Witch Doctor, Warlock) and snowballing mid hero (such as Lina, Storm Spirit, Templar Assassin). Also I'll try to play more rat doto style. I hope it will work.

Konstantin_C

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 10, 2015 11:55am | Report
Good counterpick against Storm Spirit. Situational if you still want to try out rat dota.

P.S : He's really bad against Templar Assassin. He's going to get 2 shot even if he blinks fast enough, traps make him so easy to be tracked down. (if the TA player is smart enough).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 10, 2015 1:12pm | Report
Wulfy chan is a smart TA player.
So he overestimates what TA can do in normal pleb hands. So go wreck TA in your AM games mate!!

WULFYYYYYCHUAAAAAAAANNNN~~~
Y U SO GOOD at TA?
I FEEL HAVING KFC WITH U. U SO GOOOD
<3333

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Playing with no Keyboard » June 6, 2015 2:56am | Report
Anti-Mage is the fastest farmer and one of the hardest to kill with Blink. Based on the other team's lineup, it is completely situational for what items are needed to survive team fights. If against a stun-heavy lineup, Black King Bar must be built after the Manta Style Pickup. This shouldn't take too long considering you can get up to 900GPM thanks to Blink and Battle Fury

Playing with no Keyboard

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SatomiCappucino » June 6, 2015 5:54am | Report
Anti-Mage has not lost his place from the meta. He is as good as he used to be.

I pick Anti-Mage mostly only to counter someone( Storm Spirit, Leshrac and most int heroes) because I don't like the hero much.

You just need space till 3AM( Manta Style). Then you can deal damage.
Give her roses to be closer.

SatomiCappucino

Notable (12)
Steam: **Satomi'i
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Playing with no Keyboard » June 6, 2015 1:24pm | Report
As long as your team doesn't feed and fight bad team fights, Anti-Mage can stomp out other carries because of how fast he farms

Playing with no Keyboard

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved