Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vanguard + Midas instead of rush battlefury on antimage?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Vanguard + Midas instead of rush battlefury on antimage? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » September 10, 2014 7:38am | Report
Hand of Midas is just really an awesome item for farming and the attackspeed helps too.

The regen from battlefury can be replaced by Vanguard + extra health because imo Anti-Mage's health is too low.

So is thi viable or is it ****?
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » September 10, 2014 8:00am | Report
Midas doesn't accelerate farm nearly as much as battlefury, it should never be bought on AM. Either you finish the battlefury or you go straight into fighting items.

Vanguard is okay, its just a very situational item on an already very situational hero.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 10, 2014 8:03am | Report
It's bad. Very, very bad.

Hand of Midas gives you approximately 140 gold every 100 seconds. Yes, 140 not 190, because otherwise the creep would still give you ~50 gold if you last hit it. So Midas gives you + 140/100*60 = +84 GPM. And that's assuming you use it on every cooldown, which you won't.

On the other hand, Battle Fury makes you possibly the best flash farmer in the whole game. It allows you to spam blink, and 3-shot creep waves. Takes your GPM from ~400 (typical GPM for heroes who can't farm, like Wraith King and friends), to 800-900 GPM. So Bfury = +400 GPM. Not to mention that Bfury has infinitely more utility like split pushing lanes.

It's a bit oversimplified but you get my point. Midas is a farming item that is essentially made for heroes who have no built-in farming mechanic. Seeing AM's synergy with Bfury it just doesn't compare.

If you're worried about HP on Anti-Mage, which is perfectly understandable because going for Bfury makes you very vulnerable to gankers, you can just grab the Vitality Booster after finishing your bfury to make it into heart later. Or you can go Ultimate Orb first in building your Manta Style.

Never, ever make Midas on AM. Either make Bfury, or just don't get a farming item. Vanguard is legit if you want to fight early.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 10, 2014 9:05am | Report
Quoted:
Hand of Midas gives you approximately 140 gold every 100 seconds. Yes, 140 not 190, because otherwise the creep would still give you ~50 gold if you last hit it. So Midas gives you + 140/100*60 = +84 GPM. And that's assuming you use it on every cooldown, which you won't.

Depends on what creep you use it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 10, 2014 9:46am | Report
Midas is also mostly about for a very big part, getting your LVL 2 or 3 ult up quick can be a big deal.
But since a battlefury AM levels quickly anyway and needs gold much more then levels battlefury is the obvious choice.

Apart from that dont underestimate what BF does for your pushing, strong splitpush is also a big aspect of anti mage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved