Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ultimates only version of Ability Draft?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ultimates only version of Ability Draft? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Markranger » December 17, 2014 1:35pm | Report
Just thinking randomly that ability draft where you get 4 ults rather than one could possibly be fun. It might screw up the game a bit depending on the combo, but it could be limited to only 2 rather than 4 ultimates or something. It could be very broken, but also very fun combinations, such as Focus Fire + God's Strength, etc. What does anyone think?

Markranger

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » December 17, 2014 2:19pm | Report
sounds really fun! although you'd have to change the leveling so you don't have to wait until lvl 9 to have 1 point in all of your ults.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » December 17, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

sounds really fun! although you'd have to change the leveling so you don't have to wait until lvl 9 to have 1 point in all of your ults.

Not neccesarily, you can only put points into ur ulti once you reach lvl 6. So my theory is once you reach lvl 6 you have 6 points available to put into 4 spells.

Also there would be some OP combos such as... rp into Black Hole. if you have the mana to sustain it.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » December 17, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Zerak Kyria wrote:

Not neccesarily, you can only put points into ur ulti once you reach lvl 6. So my theory is once you reach lvl 6 you have 6 points available to put into 4 spells.

Also there would be some OP combos such as... rp into Black Hole. if you have the mana to sustain it.

yeah you're right... for some reason I figured you would only have 1 point once you reach 6 haha idk :p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » December 17, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Abaddon - Borrowed Time
Wraith King - Reincarnation
Terrorblade - Sunder
Phoenix - Supernova

Near immortal hero

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » December 17, 2014 3:23pm | Report
Reverse Polarity + Chronosphere + Ravage + Epicenter.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 17, 2014 3:32pm | Report
Rearm
Ice blast
Wrath of nature
Thundergods wrath
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 17, 2014 7:46pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Rearm
Ice blast
Wrath of nature
Thundergods wrath

You just won the internet.

For me it would be
Sunder+Chronosphere+Stone Gaze+culling Blade

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 17, 2014 10:51pm | Report
This stuff already exists, look up Legends of Dota.

This mod only makes sense if you ban the obvious OP stuff like Rearm + Zeus ulti (which is done in LoD), and even then it's just a nonsense fest of Tidebringer + Jinada + Enchant Totem + grow! builds.

This kind of mod is stupid because there are essentially 4-5 overpowered builds that are done by everyone and that are just, well, stronger than everything else basically. There's absolutely no room for creativity because it's horribly imbalanced in a non-fun way.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved