Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The First Meta-game of 7.00 - Magical Ember Spirit

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The First Meta-game of 7.00 - Magical Ember Spirit 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yellulzquiet Reborn » December 24, 2016 9:50am | Report
Finally icefrog did a fun thing to a hero, i got sick of rushing bots into battlefury on Ember, hope icefraud dont nerf him too soon.This has been discussed many times on le reddit but i think it can take a higher level on dotafire, so here are the points.

Which points of the game this build have more impact ? I know it gives some early high power with Veil and Radiance

What is the final best point of his talent tree for this build ? between +500 magic damage protection on flame shield or 2 more sealing chains

Is this any better than the battlefury build ?

Which itens do we exactly build him early mid and later on ?

Yellulzquiet Reborn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 27, 2016 5:50am | Report
Veil of Discord on Ember, I love it. Especially with the +15% magic damage talent. It gives him HP, mana and armor, all the stats he needs to fight early, on top of course of the damage amplification.

Radiance, I'm way more skeptical. It comes online pretty late, at which point he's really not that tanky anymore, and honestly I'd rather have a Battle Fury even in the veil build. Ember's synergy with cleave+crits is too good to pass out on.

Ember has two timing windows. One in the early game where he can manfight with Flame Guard, and one in the late game where he has a bfury, a crit, and enough defensive items to stay alive, where he can just sit back and spam W.
Going for magic damage Ember is really good for the early game. But later in the game you still have to go back to the bfury-crit build IMO.

I agree though that the Boots of Travel into Battle Fury Ember is boring as hell. It's not even that good honestly. With that build you completely forget Ember's early game power, which is one of the major selling points of the hero, only to play him like an underwhelming Anti-Mage.

Personally I've always been a fan of cheap survivability items on Ember like Poor Man's Shield, Magic Wand, Power Treads, Bracer...to fight early. And then going for Battle Fury. I always saw both Phase Boots and early Boots of Travel to be a waste of gold on Ember, because they give zero survivability.

I think Veil of Discord is actually a really good replacement to the now unusable Drum of Endurance, so go for it :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved