Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Strange Yurnero Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Strange Yurnero Build 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mexican_coyote » February 15, 2013 5:28am | Report
Hey guys, so i was playing yesterday some random pub game. And from my team was a jugg. From the beggining he went full standar jug build, but later on he got some strange items. I haven't really seen them on any other jug or read in guides. So what are you toughts about the build.

I'm alright with the scepter but the arcane boots. Sure he has some mana problems but i think he would benefit more from phase/treads. Also i would go battlefury and desolator. If my team has 2/3 melee heroes maybe vlads ( which we had but he didnt take it ). Also the refresher orb, i don't think that yurnero needs it that much.

mexican_coyote

Steam: mexican_coyote
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 15, 2013 5:36am | Report
He got the Arcane Boots so he has enough mana pool in order to use Omnislash twice and Refresher Orb.

Also, I don't think this build is really that effective. He has to deal a lot of damage per hit. After he uses his ultimate, he can't do any damage anymore.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mexican_coyote » February 15, 2013 6:33am | Report
Yea so i think it's not very efficent. In late game for example, the carries even the semi carries would beat him up.

mexican_coyote

Steam: mexican_coyote
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » February 15, 2013 9:58pm | Report
I'd say it's pretty good. Jugg is already not that effective late game, and trying to carry with spells will still be effective.

He could replace the Refresher with a battle-fury or desolator.
Refresher 2100-3000 mag
Battlefury 65 phy + 35% cleave
Desolator 60 phy + armor reduction

Juggernaut willl need ~21 - ~30 hits with battlefury and ~22 - ~37 hits with Desolator to equal an ult, not factoring in the ult hitting creeps, the cleave, or armor reduction but factoring in Juggernaut's lvl 4 Blade Dance crits.

Math <3

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by obithepirate » February 20, 2013 7:01am | Report
I have seen similar builds to this before. I was never really a fan of scepter on juggernaut i always thought his innate magic immune and ridiculous regen along with his crit made his ult only good for picking up quick kills. As a late game carry make no mistake Juggernaught will destroy with late game items....and by that I mean a full set of items such as (butterfly, deso, vlads, manta, basher, treads/bots) try that item combo on him and tell me he isnt an effective late game carry...he 4 shots most ppl and for those tanky enough to survive long enough he does enough dps fast enough he can perma stun them with basher...his 1st 2 abilities make him ridiculous hard to kill if used correctly as well. Please note that the item set I've given could easily be altered...I like battlefury early on but when you're maxed out its usually better to go ahead and swap it out for something, after all it is mostly a farming tool...its damage and regen is mediocre at best and the cleave is unnecessary in super late game teamfights unless u can 1 crit kill all of them like Mortred. Also I like to occasionally build a diffusal blade on him....2 purges and a slow and increases your attack speed damage and armor and mana pool. Its actually a really good item on him. If i get this item I usually go for something like this (diffusal, manta, butterfly, heart, ac, treads/bots) for a maxed item set. What was the point of this rant...Jugg is a very effective late game carry!

Okay that rant aside, back to the main point.... Juggs ultimate is great early to mid game and with a team fight optimized team.....the refresher scepter build is by far the most efficient ASSUMING YOU ENGAGE THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM PROPERLY EVERY TIME!!! If you had say Magnus or Enigma or even a Void on your team....I would say definately go for the refresher scepter build...however note that when it comes to 1 v 1 engagements, your gonna have a much tougher time that if you had gone the carry build. If you are forced to blow an ulti in a 1 v 1 situation then your teamfight suffers later on from 1 less ulti, that means that you guys need to wait the cool down duration b4 trying to push as a team....that gives their carries more time to farm...and if their carry happens to be someone like void or spectre...well your pretty much ****ed.

However theoretically if used correctly this item build will end a game much much sooner and faster.

obithepirate

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved