Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Stacking Crits?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Stacking Crits? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 23, 2013 1:46pm | Report
If you have an item like Daedalus or Crystalys would you have a small percentage chance of the items critting at the same time as an ability like Drunken Brawler or Blade Dance for a super crit?

I'm sure this is a pretty simple question of mechanics but I don't know how to find out other than to ask here.

Thanks,
Tyerker

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 23, 2013 2:49pm | Report
OK, according to the DotA 2 wiki multiple chances to crit can overlap, but they cannot occur on the same strike. So Blade Dance + Daedalus doesn't have a chance for 5.4x damage, but you do have a > 35% crit chance on any given attack. Blade Dance would trigger a 2x attack on 35% of your attacks, and Daedalus would give you 2.7x damage on 25% of your attacks.

I'm not a statistician but I have a feeling this doesn't add up to a 60% chance to crit, but I would guess it's a pretty darn good chance.

Also, for those interested, crits do apply to cleave, bash, and lifesteal bonuses.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 23, 2013 2:52pm | Report
They won't activate at the same time IIRC, but you'll have a slight increase in the chance of a normal crit. (Ex. 2x Daedalus gives you a 25% chance plus half again, for a 37.5% chance for a 2.7x crit). Thats how it was in WC3 dota at least, its similar to stout/vanguard stacking. Generally not worth it.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 23, 2013 2:59pm | Report
I'm not sure about different crit source interactions, but it has something to do with which ability "came first" (like which item was picked up first, or ability skilled first). Both effects will have a chance to activate, but in the case of both "hitting" it determines which will activate, and which will be ignored. I'm fairly sure that the first-picked-up crit source overrides the second in this case.

Again, this is how it was in WC3 dota, I was pretty familiar with those mechanics, most of which have stayed the same in dota2.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » August 26, 2013 8:47am | Report
Just for fun I decided to put a Crystalys on Juggernaut after I had maxed out Blade Dance. I decided to go farm an ancient camp, and I was critting extremely often. Once I got into team fights I was wrecking pretty well. I didn't end up getting any insane crits, but I was critting often enough it did noticeably increase my overall damage output.

Tyerker

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved