Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some help on Akasha please..

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Some help on Akasha please.. 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » September 12, 2013 2:27am | Report
I'm really trying to polish my play with QoP and I feel like I'm still quite lackluster in terms of laning and decision making with items.
I've been picking her on and off recently trying to fit her in lineups or against lineups that favor her nuking ability, and what I've been noticing is I tend to play too aggressively at times, and when I'm doing well I tend to fail with item choices.
Ik items like sheep stick and orchid are brainless choices in most situations, but I'm turned on to eye of Skadi as of late as well too. What are the good core choices for her, as noob as it sounds..? I feel orchid is core, but against beefier lineups is it necessary even when the bonus damage doesn't really make too much a difference? Is desolators ever really a sound option for her?
Skill wise I know she's squishy and I tend to rush leveling blink in a paranoid fashion, but it dampens my early dps, well, generally I wait until a few seconds into laning to skill anything, but tend to jump to blink immediately for insurance. Am I just not playing her effectively at this point if I'm worried about dying too much? I've had bad experiences lol maybe just too many times I've played her in bad matchups, the last 2 games my skill looked like:
Q-w-e-q-e-r (until 6) while in the past I've caught myself going w first and maxing it, while farming mid and warning misses just to make sure I had a shorter cd to get in and out with blink..
It may come down to positioning and all as well, but any insight and help is greatly appreciated, I feel like a lot of my sporadic play is due to being either overly cautious, or too aggressive, which is disappointing because I played her HoN port quite a bit and had much more success (although her ultimate in HoN was a bit better as it applied her current level of Q to targets hit by scream).
If anyone would like to see in game I'm open to criticism from spectators or mentors as well, as qop is one of the heroes I want to be one of my "signature" heroes in a sense.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 12, 2013 4:03am | Report
Desolator is a decent choice on her. Monkey King Bar is another, since her attack animation is really good, you can make her be some sort of an hybrid.

Black King Bar is also a solid choice.

About the skill build:

-> If you want to gank early, I'd recommend : W/Q(any of these at level 1),W/Q(again, the one that you didn't pick last time) /E/E/E/W/E (max E by 7, followed by ult at 8)/R

-> If you want extra lane dominance, but still gank: W/Q, W/Q, Q, E, E, E, E, R

P.S: Protip: Getting ult at level 6 is not mandatory, I usually get it at 7/8.(8 usually)
P.P.S: Please edit the post a bit, it looks like a big wall of text in its current state, it was kinda hard to read.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » September 12, 2013 5:20am | Report
Thank you for the input, I'm gonna play her and adjust the timing I get her ultimate, ill aim for level 8..I think getting her ultimate at 6 has been a crutch for me, ill pick up kills most of the time, but the remainder of the time I have no mana for any follow up or escape as needed, leading to some rather frustrating situations.
I'm having a huge derp moment for the amount of times I've ignored getting bkb.

Ill edit it as soon as I get the chance, thank you for pointing that out, ill a kid sloppy wall text in the future as much as possible, most of the website is stripped down on our work computers due to military Network security, so ill fix that.
Again,
Thank you
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 12, 2013 6:07am | Report
Just a bit of spacing betwen the lines sir, and no problem.No need for nothing fancy.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » September 19, 2013 10:41am | Report
In HoN I build QOP as a Tank. This allowed me to stay in fights longer and do more damage with her spells. I suggest you do the same. Frost Armor on QOP is OP!!! Also make sure you get bottle. I suggest you skilkl her liek this q-w-e-e-e-w-e-w-w-r-r

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » September 20, 2013 4:46pm | Report
Qop is an incredibly dynamic hero. She can be built multiple ways, and and make use of almost any item in the game. For us to give you an "ultimate qop build" is impossible.

For laning, if you're against someone that can't race for runes, I normally max Q and spam it. Maxing E pushes the lane hard, which isn't always what you want to do. Sometimes you just want to farm. If you're against someone that CAN race for runes, I typically max E and use it to push lane around xx:50. Get ult at 6 if you'll need it. Maybe vs a chen/enigma. Try to think about how well it will work vs the opponents.

If you're against squishy heros with an escape mechanism (Like AM), or a hero with a game breaking ultimate (Like Omni/enigma) you can rush orchid and push fast. If you're against a chen, you can go scepter. If you're against PA (Or any hero with evasion), grab a MKB. If you're against a melee carry (LS, Sven), get a skadi. If you're against a lot of single target stuns, get a linkens.

1v1 QoP versus pudge: If you go pu12es build, it's not optimal for lane. You'll want to max Q first. If they have a tri lane with LS though, my "max Q" build sucks versus the tri lane, but pu12e's is perfect (Minus his delayed ult). If you went pu12es build, you'd give pudge more breathing room, but you could potentially get double or triple kills in the tri lane with a good rune and an early point in ult. Everything is situational.

Qop can be built almost any way depending on the game, and she can use almost any item in the game effectively. You really need a lot of game knowledge to use her past 95% of her potential. Just look at your opponents team and pick/skill accordingly. That's the best advice I can give.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » September 21, 2013 9:37am | Report

Qop is an incredibly dynamic hero. She can be built multiple ways, and and make use of almost any item in the game. For us to give you an "ultimate qop build" is impossible.

For laning, if you're against someone that can't race for runes, I normally max Q and spam it. Maxing E pushes the lane hard, which isn't always what you want to do. Sometimes you just want to farm. If you're against someone that CAN race for runes, I typically max E and use it to push lane around xx:50. Get ult at 6 if you'll need it. Maybe vs a chen/enigma. Try to think about how well it will work vs the opponents.

If you're against squishy heros with an escape mechanism (Like AM), or a hero with a game breaking ultimate (Like Omni/enigma) you can rush orchid and push fast. If you're against a chen, you can go scepter. If you're against PA (Or any hero with evasion), grab a MKB. If you're against a melee carry (LS, Sven), get a skadi. If you're against a lot of single target stuns, get a linkens.

1v1 QoP versus pudge: If you go pu12es build, it's not optimal for lane. You'll want to max Q first. If they have a tri lane with LS though, my "max Q" build sucks versus the tri lane, but pu12e's is perfect (Minus his delayed ult). If you went pu12es build, you'd give pudge more breathing room, but you could potentially get double or triple kills in the tri lane with a good rune and an early point in ult. Everything is situational.

Qop can be built almost any way depending on the game, and she can use almost any item in the game effectively. You really need a lot of game knowledge to use her past 95% of her potential. Just look at your opponents team and pick/skill accordingly. That's the best advice I can give.

her ulti costs too much mana to be used early on. :( W

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » September 21, 2013 8:53pm | Report
This is what a lot of people think, and is the primary reason the ult is skipped for most players.

At level 6, here are some stats:

E costs 130 and does 225 damage. That's 1.73 damage per point of mana spent.
R costs 250 and does 350 damage. That's 1.40 damage per point of mana spent.

If you gank and use W, E, E that's 450 damage over 7 seconds (Because of E CD) for 320 mana.

If you gank and use W, E, R that's 575 damage over 1 second for 440 mana.

If you gank and use W, E, R, E that's 800 damage over 7 seconds (Because of E CD) for 570 mana.

At level 6 if a QoP has a null talisman and 2 branches she will have 572 mana. This means that will a full mana pool a qop can successfully wipe a tri lane in one second 99% of the time, or at maximum 7 seconds (Waiting for second E) with 0 regen items.

I just looked at Virtus.Pro versus Na`Vi in starladder. At level 6, guess what resolution had:

Boots, bottle, ONE NULL TALISMAN, TWO BRANCHES.

Just looked at Power Rangers versus Radical Online X. At level 6, guess what Bzz had:

Bottle, ONE NULL TALISMAN, TWO BRANCHES.

Just looked at Power Rangers versus Aspera. At level 6, guess what zxc had:

Bottle, ONE NULL TALISMAN, ONE BRANCH, MAGIC STICK (Only one charge is needed to successfully have enough mana after popping it).

This is what 99% of professional players use for QoP mid. Enough mana for a blink, 2 screams, and ult (Because they don't skip it). It will win almost any team fight just from sheer damage. I'd say 1/20 games (Or more) will you see professional players skip QoP ult. The potential for burst is too good to pass up.

In high tier games you aren't allowed as qop to W, E and follow your target for 7 seconds for another E. You'll get TPed on, and crushed. At 6 the towers are too close together. You need to kill opponents immediately. Skilling R at 6 does this.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » September 22, 2013 6:55pm | Report
So as you know, QoP is a great mid laner and doesn't have too many bad matchups there. As far as early game, you said it yourself. You play too aggressively, QoP is hard because you need to find that fine line between too aggressive and too passive. You should be able to keep your harass going and be safe though. To help with this, I generally head to lane with 1 tango and 1 salve. Get a fast bottle and spam dagger and scream. If you have supports, you should be able to get every rune that spawns. As far as skills, I go 1 point in Q, then max W & E (grabbing your Ult when you can).

Now Items is another story.
BKB is always worth a look.
Scythe is fantastic for hex and damage.
Desolater assuming no one has it boosts her right clicks.
Orchid is great to stop spell slingers and boost her damage from spells against them.

Like any mid, you need to pick your items based on your opponent.

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » September 22, 2013 7:57pm | Report
I'm really disappointed in myself for forgetting about sheep stick. Definitely a great suggestion by Matty. Scythe is a HUGE pick up on QoP if you're farming well. If the match up is REALLY one sided, you can skip boots and literally just rush a scythe of vise. Here's a great video to check out:

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved