Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Skip boots/ midas only Weaver

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Skip boots/ midas only Weaver 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Playing with no Keyboard » June 5, 2015 11:09pm | Report
Playing some Weaver games, I seem to find that skipping Power Treads all together and rushing Midas is much more effective as Weaver. The Hand of Midas instead of power treads adds about 600 more gold but it is well worth it because it boosts your farm rate. Also, late game, boots on Weaver is almost always sold in pro games to become truly 6 slotted because of Weaver's Shukuchi. Because of this, I've always rush a midas build and follow up with Linken's Sphere, Black King Bar, or Desolator. What are all of your thoughts on this build?

Playing with no Keyboard

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » June 5, 2015 11:17pm | Report
I personally dotn favor that. Weaver is a "own or throw" kind of carry. You rape the early to mid game and that turns you into one of the hardest snowballers. He farms heroes, not creeps, so a Midas wouldnt really fit him. And you havent the mana pool to spam shukuchi when u need to run fast.

but thats just my opinion maybe it could work.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Playing with no Keyboard » June 5, 2015 11:28pm | Report
Weaver is actually extremely weak in the early game and squishy. So midas in terms of accelerating his usual slow farm can help him reach those levels and farm a little bit more earlier. However, it is a trade off between the boot's stats. So it ultimately boils down to a farm rate increase opposed to increased survivability which he mostly just relies on Shukuchi

Playing with no Keyboard

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 5, 2015 11:54pm | Report
My thoughts on this are very simple :

- Yes, Weaver doesn't need boots in the early game. If you buy Hand of Midas on any hero...generally you want it as soon as you can so on Weaver always buy it before boots. So yes this is the right way to go.
Midas is good on any carry if you can get it early...if you think the game is going late. It depends a lot on the game but yes midas Weaver is legit. Just remember that Weaver is supposed to fight and not farm. Midas is there to keep up his farm while he's fighting that's it...the hero isn't a hard carry, he's supposed to snowball.

- Boots of Travel are ABSOLUTE CORE on every hero in the late game. NO EXCEPTIONS.
These pro players who play heroes without Town Portal Scrolls or Boots of Travel in the late game are playing like **** and are regularily getting flamed by all the viewers for throwing games. And they do throw games...a lot.
Na'Vi playing without TP scrolls against Alliance? C9 playing without TP scrolls? That's literally beginners' mistakes and this literally shows that despite their experience, pro players sometimes play even worse than noob tier pubs.
Travels on every hero. Especially on a split pushing hero like Weaver. Now with upgraded boots of travel...no excuses.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 6, 2015 1:19am | Report
Its fine not getting boots on Weaver early game and trading it for Hand of Midas, but if there are enemies in the team that can deal high damage in matters of seconds (i.e Lion, Lina, Tinker, etc.) i dont recommend it, cause with out Power Treads he is really squishy, but in late game sell the Hand of Midas and change it to Boots of Travel, its a huge mistake not buying Boots of Travel in late game on ALL heroes. And since now we have the Upgraded Boots of Travel, more reason and utilty to buy it late game.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 6, 2015 1:39am | Report

Its fine not getting boots on Weaver early game and trading it for Hand of Midas, but if there are enemies in the team that can deal high damage in matters of seconds (i.e Lion, Lina, Tinker, etc.) i dont recommend it, cause with out Power Treads he is really squishy, but in late game sell the Hand of Midas and change it to Boots of Travel, its a huge mistake not buying Boots of Travel in late game on ALL heroes. And since now we have the Upgraded Boots of Travel, more reason and utilty to buy it late game.

Probably the only reason you're not getting Boots of Travel late game is if you're getting them arkansm boots ( Guardian Greaves).

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » June 6, 2015 2:05am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Probably the only reason you're not getting Boots of Travel late game is if you're getting them arkansm boots ( Guardian Greaves).

arkansm boots? lol, lovely name, from now ill call Guardian Greaves arkansm boots
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 6, 2015 2:47am | Report

arkansm boots? lol, lovely name, from now ill call Guardian Greaves arkansm boots

It's gonna be a thing, dude :D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved