Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Razor in the meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Razor in the meta? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 20, 2013 8:12am | Report
Razor has recently seen a place in the professional scene, mostly as a counter to Lifestealer, but he's also been used to counter the recent influx of Outworld Devourer picks. Team Liquid keeps picking Razor up for TC, and he dominates almost any solo lane matchup, and is really strong lategame w/ a Scepter and any sort of attack speed.

I know that it's only been a handful of times, but is Razor going to see more popularity or is he going to fall off?

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 20, 2013 9:20am | Report
He'll (probably) still be picked up, but he's not going out of that "situational" tier. He will see play as a counter to some heroes and only for some heroes.

I really like him though, his first skill is great in solo suicide laning and his W and R are simply marvelous.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 20, 2013 9:36am | Report
He's going to be picked more more often, he's a strong pick, but he's not good in every situation.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » July 20, 2013 9:56am | Report
I will never forget this guy's power early on. He got me 1st blood double kill in a 1v2 lane with static link.
Max static link is the way.
His only con is that he tapers off 30 min into the game.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 20, 2013 11:24am | Report
I don't really see him tapering off, Liquid' TC atleast grabs a Scepter for the stats, the large buff to the ult, and the pushing it provides while static link starts to lose some of it's luster.
4FC.Blomberg played Razor today and used it mid against Empire.Scandal's DK, which was one of the worst situations it could've been put into as Razor didn't really dominate the lane that much because DK doesn't have to rely on right clicks as much for farming when he has breathe fire, sort of like a Magnus.
I think Razor will have to become a second pick as teams look to prevent them from getting it as a counter to whatever solo laner they want to put in like a Lifestealer or a Lone Druid, but won't do so well against heroes that have an alternate farming method ala QoP, Puck and DK.

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » July 20, 2013 11:33am | Report
Has he received some buffs lately? He feels stronger than he did a few months ago, might just be imagining it though.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 20, 2013 11:37am | Report
Yeah Eye of the Storm received a pretty significant buff in 6.78, along with a slight buff to Unstable Current.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Razor

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » July 20, 2013 11:37am | Report
I see him in IXDL pretty often as a LD or OD counter.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » July 21, 2013 9:25am | Report
I think he will be a more support role, I saw a game were Fanatic used Razor as a tri lane support and it worked great.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by whitenun » July 25, 2013 8:39am | Report
Mirror wrote:

I think he will be a more support role, I saw a game were Fanatic used Razor as a tri lane support and it worked great.

I like the idea of Razor support. He has great mobility and static link is almost unfair in a gank. As if being stunned and nuked wasn't enough, I am going to lose all my AP as well.

whitenun

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved