Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rate this draft!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Rate this draft! 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 8, 2014 5:06am | Report
So I've dedicated myself to getting out of ****-tier MMR. It's painful because it feels like everyone I play with and against are idiots. Captain's Mode is generally an exception, which brings me to this match: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/879924846

So I managed to snag captain and want an overview of how we did. I was really worried about the draft, as it was the first Ranked Captains game I'd drafted for, and it's not really like the drafting exercises I so love to do. Couple things to note:

-Skywrath, despite carrying us hard, was actually drafted as a support.Go figure.

-I've come to the conclusion that if a team first-picks Void and Witch Doctor it's really easy to counterpick, hence the Silencer and Naga. If we can't teamfight, then Naga can just rat. It was a Silencer mid carry, because he is NOT A SUPPORT.

-It was my first game as Tidehunter.

I hope I did alright - it's only in retrospect that I realise I went full no-stun doto which I'm really surprised about. Still, did the draft have any merit at all?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 8, 2014 5:17am | Report
Well the other team got out drafted.

They had very little push let alone counter push while you guys had a radiance naga.

Their brewmaster got shut down hard. His gear progression would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Love the Heart on Skywrath. Just shows how over farmed he got as a support.

So not that bad of a draft. You were able to counter their whole draft with Silencer and they didn't even bother trying to get a core that could go for straight right click damage afterwards.

Also, silencer can be support or core depending on situation.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 8, 2014 8:38am | Report
You really screwed over their void pick well. And since he was their carry they were pretty ****ed.

The only thing is that the interaction between song of siren and global silence is a bit weird and hard to pull off without communication, but he is good in pubs and against brew, so it is fine.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved