Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Powerful Tri-Lanes?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Powerful Tri-Lanes? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by John Zoidberg » September 11, 2013 7:09pm | Report
I'm the kind of player who absoulutely HATES the common 2-1-2 setup, but I also haven't played too many games where I've ran or played against an offensive/defensive tri-lane.

So I figured it was worth a shot to ask you guys: What are your favorite tri-lane setups?

One of my favorites is Keeper of the Light + Phantom Lancer + Nyx Assassin, mainly because of the incredible burst damage that can come from the three, along with infinite mana.

Are there any really powerful tri-lanes I'm missing out on?

John Zoidberg

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » September 11, 2013 7:29pm | Report
LS+visage+any certain stun like CM

Now a joke one-weaver, abbadon, tree

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » September 11, 2013 8:13pm | Report
Id have to say a Crystal Maiden, Earthshaker, and Lifestealer can be pretty great.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » September 11, 2013 11:21pm | Report
Visage in really an trilane combination is super good, easily capable of getting early kills.
We ran Rubick+Shadow Demon+Gyrocopter and it worked rather well, rubick can pull heroes out of position for SD to disrupt+soul catch and gyro just rocket barrages them down with the 40% damage increase on them
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 12, 2013 1:22am | Report
Plenty of stun/nukes/slows is the key - trilane combinations are all about being able to setup or prevent kills in a very short period of time. The other side is that you can't afford to have heroes who are massively level dependent due to the way XP is split and the need to be able to kill/save from level 1 onwards.

Generally the best tri-lane combos have 1 "reliable" setup nuke/stun, and then 2 "unreliable" nuke/slows/stuns to follow up on top of it. "Unreliable" skills tend to do more damage and/or have better effects and times.

For example Shadow Demon, Kunkka and Leshrac.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » September 12, 2013 12:11pm | Report
Gyro+undying+any stun/slow is pretty painful as an aggresive trilane. Even as a dual lane its really hard to go on the 2.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » September 12, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

Gyro+undying+any stun/slow is pretty painful as an aggresive trilane. Even as a dual lane its really hard to go on the 2.

Anything that can take advantage of decay early on can utterly destroy lanes, oh hey bounty hunter you now have 400 max hp and are down to half of that.. Love dirge

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » September 12, 2013 2:50pm | Report
Its also the fact that its really hard to engage into tombstone+rocket barrage and doing so probably means a trade.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » September 12, 2013 3:06pm | Report
Yea, not considering the tombstone and rocket barrge, undying can simply turn around and get off a big soul rip, or continue to drop decay just make gyros job so much easier

sulaxrox

Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved