Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Night Stalker and what he is Capable of (this is not a guide)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Night Stalker and what he is Capable of (this is not a guide) 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » January 21, 2013 10:16pm | Report
NightStalker is not a hero. He is a hunter, a killer, and a hero slayer. The screen shots that follow are a preview of how devastating NightStalker really is... as in 27-0 devastating. I also recommend watching the replay there is a link to it at the bottom of this post.

dota2://matchid=105170162&matchtime=550

Another Match:
MatchID: 105170162

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 22, 2013 11:30am | Report
Lol,that is what night stalker does.You can get higher than that,my max kills ever(including dota 1) were 60 with QoP.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Col3yf » January 22, 2013 3:14pm | Report
I am fairly new to this game, but I have won all three games with N.S. Throw him in the middle and let him roll.

Col3yf

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 22, 2013 5:09pm | Report
The problem with night stalker is he can be countered by under 200 gold. If he starts a gank with his nuke you can use a town portal scroll to safety. If he knows you have a town portal scroll and waits to nuke you your team mates can teleport in to back you up and please if Night stalker walks past three wads with a double damage rune or is missing for the shortest moment Run for your life to the tower were your team has a chance at saving you.

If you are a support you are Night Stalkers favorite food so it would be a good idea to spend 150 on wards to save your hide. Night Stalker can dive your tier 2 tower for a kill but that is once again countered by a town portal scroll.

Lastly Night Stalker makes him money on the second night (from murdering people( yes we are talking about you) with his crazy move and attack speed). At that point he A) snow balls out of control or B) slowly falls off until you grind him into dust.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by cetanu » January 23, 2013 2:38pm | Report
Mirror wrote:

The problem with night stalker is he can be countered by under 200 gold. If he starts a gank with his nuke you can use a town portal scroll to safety. If he knows you have a town portal scroll and waits to nuke you your team mates can teleport in to back you up and please if Night stalker walks past three wads with a double damage rune or is missing for the shortest moment Run for your life to the tower were your team has a chance at saving you.

If you are a support you are Night Stalkers favorite food so it would be a good idea to spend 150 on wards to save your hide. Night Stalker can dive your tier 2 tower for a kill but that is once again countered by a town portal scroll.

Lastly Night Stalker makes him money on the second night (from murdering people( yes we are talking about you) with his crazy move and attack speed). At that point he A) snow balls out of control or B) slowly falls off until you grind him into dust.

Exactly.
So even if you ward and he doesn't kill you, you are still forced to turtle and lose XP/Gold.
He could be on the other side of the map and you would be scared of dying/turtling.

cetanu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » February 4, 2013 10:30am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

NightStalker is not a hero. He is a hunter, a killer, and a hero slayer. The screen shots that follow are a preview of how devastating NightStalker really is... as in 27-0 devastating. I also recommend watching the replay there is a link to it at the bottom of this post.

Another Match:
MatchID: 105170162

I just went 51-0 with Nights Stalker...

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » February 4, 2013 8:38pm | Report
I looked through some of the matches, and noticed something: These games aren't in the "very high" skill bracket. They aren't in the "high". They are in the "normal". Some players on the other team had 50, 80, and 100 games. In normal skill bracket, I'm sure I could get the same score with a Crystal Maiden. These players do not have any sense of the game. Here are a few things that I noticed at x4 speed:

1. Puck ignored the first rune, which was DD bottom. Team didn't check it, neither did he. Lifestealer on your team saw it. Didn't take it, or tell you. Or he did, and you ignored it, even though Puck went bottle first (Another mistake that no players should do, unless they random and have money for stat items, or their supports buy them branches).

2. Radiant had no wards for runes.

3. Puck had that DD bottled eventually. 2 minute rune comes up and he does nothing. A good player will be harassing with DD, knowing that NS has no bottle and will not contest runes this early. Harass until all 3 charges are gone, then get next rune, since he will be getting his 3 charges back within 5 seconds anyway.

4. At 2:35 Puck uses DD and attacked 8 times during it's duration. 1 of those attacks hit NS. Most players don't use DD for farming.

5. Puck pops haste rune around 4:30. You then walk the courier up to yourself and puck kills it...

6. At 5:00 Puck goes to fountain to heal. Fountain. As Puck. it's day. You have no boots still.

7. Your first kill starts after you TP around 7:00. You nuke Puck, who Q's away, and pops a regen rune as you melee him, instead of popping it when he is phased. He also Qed in a straight line backwards, which is not very hard to chase as NS during night. Most good pucks would Q up cliff to radiant ancients, THEN pop the regen rune. Also, he didn't use his wand.

8. At 10:52, Puck nukes you with Q TOWARDS your base, then phases. He should have nuked AWAY, phased, and ported after phase ended. Ult would have slowed you down, and you would have not been able to stop him because you...

Skipped your silence. (Not just early. You literally leveled your Q to 4, and E to 4, with 0 into your W)

I think 11 minutes of this video is enough. It's fun rolling pubs and everything, but it doesn't make for great bragging material. I've went far past this score, with worse carries, and I don't consider it worth bragging about.

Normal bracket is filled with people who are still learning the mechanics of the game. They don't know how to pick against a NS, or what items counter him. Even if they know how to pick against an NS, they won't. People typically just pick what they want. Myself included. That's why I have so many games as Kunkka! I don't care if I'm vs a Medusa. I wanna play Kunkka! :D

Anyway, that's all I have for you after those 11 minutes.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » February 4, 2013 9:43pm | Report
Double poooooost!

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as insulting. I suppose it just kind of bothers me that you go 51-0 as NS in a normal skill bracket game, against a team that only has one reliable stun, and all of the sudden you have "51-0 NIGHTSTALKER GUIDE!" and "RECORD HOLDER FOR MOST KILLS ON THE FORUM 51-0" in your signature. Against a good team, you would never achieve 51-0. Actually, I think against a few decent players you'd probably end up around 1-3.

Also, the BR/Tiny/Wisp are friends. We scrim against them often. The Tiny's real name is Hugo (If you watch the replay, myself, AM, and Tide constantly say "GG Hugo!" and whatnot in chat), and they are amazing players. Every game against them is a challenge.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » February 5, 2013 4:31am | Report
AngelaBangelo, you have my +rep. Good job.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » February 6, 2013 10:28am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

AngelaBangelo, you have my +rep. Good job.

Haha Haters Gonna Hate. Hades your words reek of jealousy. If you need help I know a good counselor.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved