Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Morphling underestimated late?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Morphling underestimated late? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 24, 2014 9:28am | Report
I've been reading a lot of posts on such topics, and a lot of people seem to think he's not that good late. I've found that he both outfarms and outcarries void 6 slotted, though void will kill the rest of his team with battlefury, even if he doesn't quite get Morphling since he can morph in chrono. Could anyone explain why he's rated around #7 in best lategame?

1. Waveform - it doesn't do much damage late, but it will let you dodge ANYTHING. Especially for single target delayed ults, this will give you a tremendous advantage. Works nicely with ethereal blade.
2. Adaptive strike - combined with ethereal blade, this lets you pick off any support in 2 to 3 clicks throughout the game, as well as any squishy carry, such as PA, before she gets BKB.
3. Morph - I see Morphling to be a good pick when there isn't much magic on the other team. If there isn't, you can enjoy your 50 BASE armor, maxed attack speed and 5.00+ agi gain. Though most people don't get direct +damage items, as he can have the highest agility gain in the game, it wouldn't be a bad idea
4. Replicate - This lets you push and teamfight at the same time. Lets you have orbs, so you can do a ton of manaburn, desolate, etc. Though to my knowledge, you can't bash, it gives you a huge advantage in 1v1s.

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » May 24, 2014 10:08am | Report
Morph is a 1v1 hero, there is your loophole.
He is monster 1v1 ,but has to focus 1 guy down at a time, even if it takes you 1 hit per enemy.
On the other side void might take 3 hits, but takes your whole team down at once.
(All data is insignificant, just an example)
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 24, 2014 10:15am | Report
But his ability to instantly make the fight 4v5 is almost unmatched, and his DPS contribution is always welcome.

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » May 24, 2014 10:16am | Report
morph is a good pick in every case, other than when the opponents team is silence heavy.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » May 24, 2014 10:17am | Report
and he can be very good in a team fight with his replicate if you pick a cleave carry with you or they have one with them.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 24, 2014 10:24am | Report

Morph is a 1v1 hero, there is your loophole.
He is monster 1v1 ,but has to focus 1 guy down at a time, even if it takes you 1 hit per enemy.
On the other side void might take 3 hits, but takes your whole team down at once.
(All data is insignificant, just an example)

This ^

He's probably the strongest in Terms of Picking off the most important target, but unless you're up against a 4 Protect 1 Strat, you've still got the rest of the Team to deal with.

Void is a great Teamfight Hero, in that he can obliterate an entire Team with the right Items, but does little else.

Naga Siren is a great Split-Pusher and has a great Initiation/Panic Ult, but she offers much less Damage than the other 2 in Teamfights and is even Squishier than Void.

...and there there's 2 Battlefury, Daedalus, 2 Divine Rapier Ember Spirit...

It's easy to argue over which Late Game Carry is the best, but since many provide vastly different advantages, it all comes down to "What do you need the most?".

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 24, 2014 11:11am | Report
morph is not that good as an easly pick, since he is bad against tanky lineups, and can get screwed over by timings. for instance he doesnt outcarry a shadow fiend untill he gets 6 slotted, and if you went for both BKB and linkens he wont even outcarry him in DPS.

he also doesnt outfarm many other carries, his main farming advantage comes from being able to farm far up like weaver can becouse he is good at escaping.

personally i think linkens is really **** on him apart exept if you are snowballing earlygame, becouse it doesnt accelerate farm and doesnt give that much.

his main lategame power comes from his global splitpush and countersplitpush with replicate.

my main problem with him is that he has many counters becouse he is so stat based.
for example OD doesnt care about his armor and will beat him at almost any stage of the game. elder titan is another HARD counter becouse he removes ALL his armor.

i think he is good in the same situations as a weaver, when they dont have much disables.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 24, 2014 11:57am | Report
Timminator:
He easily kills shadow fiend the second he gets eblade, assuming SF hasn't snowballed.

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 24, 2014 12:55pm | Report
dota2expert wrote:

Timminator:
He easily kills shadow fiend the second he gets eblade, assuming SF hasn't snowballed.

I disagree, shadow fiend is a rediculously fast farmer, if morphling goes for another item like linkens or BKB before his E-blade, then shadow fiend will have a BKB plus a 5000+ gold item, and the makings of another one.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 24, 2014 1:19pm | Report
SF just blows up no matter what.Even if Morph dies, the replica might finish off SF.The fact that you can steal auras off of the enemy team (like Presence of the Dark Lord or Natural Order) makes him a really good pick against enemies that have a certain aura that boosts their team's stats or decreases the other).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved