Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Modern TerrorBlade Builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Modern TerrorBlade Builds 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 25, 2017 5:34am | Report
So I finally randomed TB yesterday and decided to give him a whirl. I mean, he's not that difficult to play, right? As it turned out, the team was pretty good - pretty good lane support from a Silencer and they seemed to tune into the idea 'I'm only going to push when Metamorphosis is online' pretty well. Knock load of all towers down, farmed like crazy, slapped hard. All good.

Dotabuff

So, some thoughts, questions and general impressions:

- The skilling order I'm a little unsure about...maxing Metamorphosis seems pretty legit - bit more duration, lot more damage. But Reflection is also pretty funky. Up to 5.5 seconds of slow is good when you consider you can be hitting them really hard. Do most of you still max Meta first? Maybe you'd do Reflection in a heavy trilane battle, but generally not?

- My knowledge is pretty out of date on TB builds in the modern meta...I've seen people play a variety of different ones from (I think) a pretty ****ty Radiance/ Octarine Core one, to heavy damage based ones, with and without lifesteal.

- I started with a PMS and a few consumables and branches. With his high armour you're pretty much invincible to early auto-attacks. However, switched it round to Ring of Aquila later as mana seemed a bit of a problem. PMS is unnecessary?

- First item after Treads was Eye of Skadi (yeah game was going well, sub 20 mins). Mainly to keep Hamster happy, and also because it kicks ***. I followed up shortly after with a plain old Morbid Mask as the lifesteal seems pretty useful. Do people normally build lifesteal on him? I know you have Sunder, and some regen from skill tree, but it seemed a waste not to with so much damage in your hands.

- Knocked out a Manta Style, then Satanic, then Daedalus. Boots of Travel where on my mind. However, I think it was also one of those games where I could have built any halfway sensible items and still dominated. Thoughts?

- BKB on my mind, but never seemed necessary for this game.

- Is Hand of Midas desirable on TB at all? Farm speed seems good but not amazing.

- Do you normally build for split push, or fighting? Just a situational thing, or is one style generally stronger?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 25, 2017 6:40am | Report
TB's build doesn't really ever change, Aquila and Browns into Dragon Lance, Yasha, BoTs, Manta (in that order)

After that, usually a Skadi, and onto whatever the game needs.

Skillbuild is E-W-E-W-E-W-E-W-R. Metamorphosis and Conjure Image are too good at pushing and dealing damage to even consider anything else, and adding Reflection or God forbid Sunder taxes your mana too much.

Talents are +15 IAS, +175 Health, +15 Agility, +15 all stats.

Lifesteal is generally something you get later on if at all. It's good in some games, but I prefer a second Skadi most of the time. Daedalus is your best DPS item, but it's also massively overkill on damage and offers nothing else. That said... 5k dps when 6-slotted is a tempting prospect. BKB is very situational and pretty rubbish. Don't go Midas, it sacrifices your early-game too much and delays your pushing. Ironically, it probably slows your farm.

Terrorblade's playstyle is a strange mix of deathball and split pushing - you get Dragon Lance, trying to take the tower in your lane beforehand, and then deathball down all the tier 1s until you gain a space advantage, then split push to quickly farm up your items and create space for your team, and then resume deathballing once you've got a sizeable advantage and are too big to stop.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved