Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOAR balance threads! Tim™

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » MOAR balance threads! Tim™ 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 26, 2015 10:18am | Report
Alchemist: no idea how the damage increase of concoction actually works and i cant find it, but anyways BUFF.
concoction asplodes after 6.5
base damage increased by 5.
base armor increased to 3
makes him a bit of a stronger laner, while also buffing his stun. mid will probably be his best position after this.

Axe: beserkers call cooldown 30/25/20/15 **** EARLYGAME CALL.
helix cooldown to .45 on all levels.
hunger slow 6/8/10/12% and bonus speed 4/6/8/10% to prevent 1 valuepoint being too good.

Bounty Hunter: shadow walk movespeed bonus 10/14/16/20%
NOW LETS GET FUNKY AND FIX HIS ****TYNESS.
SHURIKEN REPLACED BY POISON DART/KNIFE THINGY.
is still a single target spell same 650 range.
100/140/180/220 damage.
does 20%? movespeed slow for 4 seconds (that decreases like naix Open Wounds i guess)
does 50 damage extra up to 1/2/3/4?? times. if the enemy moves more then 200??? range it will increase the effect by a second. this only happens up to the times mentioned before.
ANYWAY i probably didnt explain it well, but it comes down to this: throw thing, applies the instant damage, if the enemy walks 200+ range the effect goes on and does 50 damage, if the enemy walks another 200+ range he gets damaged by 50 again and the effect goes on and so on. but this only happens 1/2/3/4 times depending on the level.
THIS actually makes him a threat to supports in the offlane, and not just this thing without a real escape who's only purpose is to bodyblock the radiant pull camp and stop economy like its 6.78
the logic behind how it works is that its a poison that activates/moves though the bloodstream better the more if the enemy moves. thats a thing right? GOOD!

Bloodseeker thrist buffs blah blah blah NEXT!

bukans chick maiden: GIFF 2 INT. INCREASE JUNGLE GREED.

Chaos Knight cast point to 0.25
LESS AWKWARDNESS. CHAOS SHALL REIGN.

Dark Seer surge duration to 4/5/6/7 gives him more early laning power and relies less on those 2 points he always needs now.
**** VOLVOS HARD WORK 20 SEC CD VACUUM.

Dragon Knight dragon form CD reduced to 80, duration reduced to 50.
corrosive breath is also applied to enemies hit by the splash.
dragons blood armor rescaled from 3/6/9/12 to 4/6/8/10 BUT is doubled when in elder dragon form.
BAT reduced to 1.6 when in dragon form.
dragon tail stun rescaled to 2.25/2.5/2.75/3 in human form, and 2.75/3/3.25/3.5 while in dragon form.
mostly focused around giving him a REAL ****ing manly transformation ult, but also makes him rely on it some more.

drow: loses only half agi blah blah blah

Elder Titan GIVE THAT MAN SOME +10 BASE DAMAGE. so he can actually be a decent laner and not just a hero that iceiceice can play, and others only can play due to a bugged spirit.

Clinkz: +5 base damage.
skeleton walk CD from 20 to 20/18/16/14
maybe a bit overboard but ill risk it =D

Enchantress enchant CD to 25/20/15/10 CHEN RIVAL WHOO WHOOOO

Huskar BRING IT BACK BOYS! agi back to pre nerfed 20 + 2.4
total base armor to 3

Ember Spirit cast time increased from 0 to 0.3, same as storm.

Juggernaut blade fury duration from 5 to 3/4/5/6
too lazy for math but increase damage to balance dat ****. main thought after it is making a valuepoint worse since magic immunity is shorter, and later it is one second more which is maybe not what you want since you want to attack.
healing ward movespeed to 350 MS.
remove 200 radius flying vision on omnislash.

Kunkka total torrent stun/duration to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25
THIS SHOULD MAKE THIS SCURVY M8 FINALLY PICKED.

Legion Commander Moment of Courage cooldown reduced to 0.75
the double proccing was was made it OP, so the multiple CD nerfs were unneeded.

GLOWING HORSE: cast time to 0.4? i want to be really carefull with this, because i believe one buff too many will suddenly push him over the edge to PWNAGE land. and one lighting may just become a setup for stun with that slow. so maybe it should be 0.5?

Lifestealer: ok first he needs to be able to eat his own creeps, COME ON VOLVO IT FITS THE GUY. right now he cant even feast off his own creeps. and what else...... i guess give him armor in rage or something....... but thats kinda dull..... I DUNNO I NEED A SERIAL REVELATION FOR THIS.

Lion LESS UGLINESS. he even has one of gross beards that i never really put much thought into before, and the CORNERS OF HIS MOUTH. THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS. WHAT IS HAPPENING THERE?
oh and also reduce hex duration a bit maybe? or give it a cast time?

Necrophos scythe respawn time from 30 sec to 15/20/30
also i want to remove those stupid slow projectiles from death pulse, but they are way too funny to remove. ;_;

Lone Druid make synergy actually do something or increase the scaling of the bear a bit? and make rabid not rely so much on synergy so that his skillbuild is not as boring as the hero itself.

Night Stalker time to say more crazy ****. Void makes a small area for a short duration around the affected target that acts as a small night pocket, so that you get hunter in the night so while in that area, now you can lock onto that target and smack him during the day.
I DUNNO IM JUST BEING CREATIVE RIGHT. make him able to do other stuff then his ultimate to give him some strength during the day.

Ogre Magi fireblast cast range increased to 550. HE WAS JUST A FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH VOLVO. Y U KILL HIM?

Pugna new ability icons. seriously they are just as ugly as dark seer's old ones.
life drain 0.25 delay removed.
nether blast range increased to 500.

Riki backstab now does half damage while attacking from the side, so functions the same as bristleback.
Base movement speed reduced from 300 to 290
Base damage reduced by 10
^^^^^^REVERT THIS STUFF. why was it done anyway? his laning was already nerfed with blink strike being made his ult.

Shadow Fiend strength gain to 1.5
shadowraze manacost to 85

Spectre reverted these unneeded nerfs. (Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%. Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290)
also, she had cool old abilities appearently. GIFF PLZ. http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Spectre#Old_Abilities

Sven warcry also increases attack speed. i guess. sounds kinda dull though.

Slark that leash duration thing that everyone is talking about all the time. AND THATS IT.

Slardar bash flat 25% chance.
sprint can now be toggled off, the cooldown starts when toggled off and is 12 seconds.

Timbersaw armor increased to 2
movespeed to 300
a succesfull timberchain cuts the remaining cooldown for your other spells in half. OR!! stuns no longer interrupt timber chain.
he is a really weak offlaner right now since he needs too much farm, therefore i buffed his laning power.

Troll Warlord 3 armor bonus moved to ranged form. melee bonus now gives -3 armor. armor health bonus added to ranged form? so it actually makes sense as a berserker form that makes him more reckless.
movespeed bonus is now 20 at all levels.
fervor stacks last for 5 seconds. whirling axes blind duration to 5 seconds.

Weaver the swarm manacost from 100 to 70/80/90/100

Ursa overpower from 3/4/5/6 attacks to 3/4/5/6 seconds. awwwwww dayum.

Wraith King GIVE US BACK THAT MORTAL STRIKE ABILITY, IT WAS AWESOME!!!

THE END!!! THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!! FIN!!!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 26, 2015 10:56am | Report
You just made Axe trash. 30 seconds? I mean yeah **** that hero but 30 seconds? :)
True that value point in hunger needs to be fixed.

Kunkka...he's OP enough as he is. He's just a pub hero in the way he works, not designed for competitive.

Dragon Knight : yeah spammy ult that gives 20 (!!) armor here we go ^^

Leshrac : more like 0.55 actually, he's at 0.7 now.

Huskar : PLEASE NERF HIS BROKEN 99% MAGIC RESISTANCE. After that buff whatever you want about him, damage, armor, MS, AGI, cast range, etc.

Shadow Fiend : he's not OP since the meta is heavily focused on roaming.

Riki : he can't have high base damage and MS otherwise lvl 1 roaming Riki with boots first is broken.

Spectre : definitely, nerfs were unfair, even if relatively small. Still...really strong hero, and something as small as 5-10 movement speed can make her broken very easily, take care ^^

Clinkz : OP. Safe lane Clinkz is already almost autowin for me these days...get 11 minute orchid or deso and go kill stuff, ez win.
Skeleton Walk needs a large cooldown becauase unlike other invis spells it's actually a reliable escape skill (almost a haste rune, slightly less if dusted but since I rush travels on him IIRC it's still like 490 MS when dusted). You can't allow him to reliably initiate and escape with it.
Base damage : he doesn't need more lane presence, and he really doesn't need more DPS xD
Just give him some INT so he can get away with only a Soul Ring for mana and then go damage items. It's already really good.

Ursa attacks tower. 3 seconds later, there is no tower. Pls ^^

please
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » February 26, 2015 12:48pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Alchemist: no idea how the damage increase of concoction actually works and i cant find it, but anyways BUFF.
concoction asplodes after 6.5
base damage increased by 5.
base armor increased to 3
makes him a bit of a stronger laner, while also buffing his stun. mid will probably be his best position after this.

Axe: beserkers call cooldown 30/25/20/15 **** EARLYGAME CALL.
helix cooldown to .45 on all levels.
hunger slow 6/8/10/12% and bonus speed 4/6/8/10% to prevent 1 valuepoint being too good.
Isn't that Call nerf a bit harsh? :P Maybe just make the bonus armour scale or something?
Bounty Hunter: shadow walk movespeed bonus 10/14/16/20%
NOW LETS GET FUNKY AND FIX HIS ****TYNESS.
SHURIKEN REPLACED BY POISON DART/KNIFE THINGY.
is still a single target spell same 650 range.
100/140/180/220 damage.
does 20%? movespeed slow for 4 seconds (that decreases like naix Open Wounds i guess)
does 50 damage extra up to 1/2/3/4?? times. if the enemy moves more then 200??? range it will increase the effect by a second. this only happens up to the times mentioned before.
ANYWAY i probably didnt explain it well, but it comes down to this: throw thing, applies the instant damage, if the enemy walks 200+ range the effect goes on and does 50 damage, if the enemy walks another 200+ range he gets damaged by 50 again and the effect goes on and so on. but this only happens 1/2/3/4 times depending on the level.
THIS actually makes him a threat to supports in the offlane, and not just this thing without a real escape who's only purpose is to bodyblock the radiant pull camp and stop economy like its 6.78
the logic behind how it works is that its a poison that activates/moves though the bloodstream better the more if the enemy moves. thats a thing right? GOOD!

Bloodseeker thrist buffs blah blah blah NEXT!

bukans chick maiden: GIFF 2 INT. INCREASE JUNGLE GREED.

Chaos Knight cast point to 0.25
LESS AWKWARDNESS. CHAOS SHALL REIGN.

Dark Seer surge duration to 4/5/6/7 gives him more early laning power and relies less on those 2 points he always needs now.
**** VOLVOS HARD WORK 20 SEC CD VACUUM.

Dragon Knight dragon form CD reduced to 80, duration reduced to 50.
corrosive breath is also applied to enemies hit by the splash.
dragons blood armor rescaled from 3/6/9/12 to 4/6/8/10 BUT is doubled when in elder dragon form.
BAT reduced to 1.6 when in dragon form.
dragon tail stun rescaled to 2.25/2.5/2.75/3 in human form, and 2.75/3/3.25/3.5 while in dragon form.
mostly focused around giving him a REAL ****ing manly transformation ult, but also makes him rely on it some more.
Now that's one tanky dragon

drow: loses only half agi blah blah blah

Elder Titan GIVE THAT MAN SOME +10 BASE DAMAGE. so he can actually be a decent laner and not just a hero that iceiceice can play, and others only can play due to a bugged spirit.

Clinkz: +5 base damage.
skeleton walk CD from 20 to 20/18/16/14
maybe a bit overboard but ill risk it =D

Enchantress enchant CD to 25/20/15/10 CHEN RIVAL WHOO WHOOOO

Huskar BRING IT BACK BOYS! agi back to pre nerfed 20 + 2.4
total base armor to 3

Ember Spirit cast time increased from 0 to 0.3, same as storm.
If this was made, he would be pretty useless I think, his SoF+Chains combo would be really hard to pull off because his chains would need to be instant cast for it to be possible in the first place. I don't even know if he needs a nerf that badly

Juggernaut blade fury duration from 5 to 3/4/5/6
too lazy for math but increase damage to balance dat ****. main thought after it is making a valuepoint worse since magic immunity is shorter, and later it is one second more which is maybe not what you want since you want to attack.
healing ward movespeed to 350 MS.
remove 200 radius flying vision on omnislash.
This could actually backfire since that 400 magical damage at lvl 1 dealt within 3 secs would be pretty broken
Kunkka total torrent stun/duration to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25
THIS SHOULD MAKE THIS SCURVY M8 FINALLY PICKED.

Legion Commander Moment of Courage cooldown reduced to 0.75
the double proccing was was made it OP, so the multiple CD nerfs were unneeded.

GLOWING HORSE: cast time to 0.4? i want to be really carefull with this, because i believe one buff too many will suddenly push him over the edge to PWNAGE land. and one lighting may just become a setup for stun with that slow. so maybe it should be 0.5?

Lifestealer: ok first he needs to be able to eat his own creeps, COME ON VOLVO IT FITS THE GUY. right now he cant even feast off his own creeps. and what else...... i guess give him armor in rage or something....... but thats kinda dull..... I DUNNO I NEED A SERIAL REVELATION FOR THIS.

Lion LESS UGLINESS. he even has one of gross beards that i never really put much thought into before, and the CORNERS OF HIS MOUTH. THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS. WHAT IS HAPPENING THERE?
oh and also reduce hex duration a bit maybe? or give it a cast time?

Necrophos scythe respawn time from 30 sec to 15/20/30
also i want to remove those stupid slow projectiles from death pulse, but they are way too funny to remove. ;_;
Yes please, 60 sec respawn timer at minute 15 is not noice ;_;
Lone Druid make synergy actually do something or increase the scaling of the bear a bit? and make rabid not rely so much on synergy so that his skillbuild is not as boring as the hero itself.

Night Stalker time to say more crazy ****. Void makes a small area for a short duration around the affected target that acts as a small night pocket, so that you get hunter in the night so while in that area, now you can lock onto that target and smack him during the day.
I DUNNO IM JUST BEING CREATIVE RIGHT. make him able to do other stuff then his ultimate to give him some strength during the day.

Ogre Magi fireblast cast range increased to 550. HE WAS JUST A FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH VOLVO. Y U KILL HIM?

Pugna new ability icons. seriously they are just as ugly as dark seer's old ones.
life drain 0.25 delay removed.
nether blast range increased to 500.

Riki backstab now does half damage while attacking from the side, so functions the same as bristleback.
Base movement speed reduced from 300 to 290
Base damage reduced by 10
^^^^^^REVERT THIS STUFF. why was it done anyway? his laning was already nerfed with blink strike being made his ult.

Shadow Fiend strength gain to 1.5
shadowraze manacost to 85

Spectre reverted these unneeded nerfs. (Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%. Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290)
also, she had cool old abilities appearently. GIFF PLZ. http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Spectre#Old_Abilities

Sven warcry also increases attack speed. i guess. sounds kinda dull though.

Slark that leash duration thing that everyone is talking about all the time. AND THATS IT.

Slardar bash flat 25% chance.
sprint can now be toggled off, the cooldown starts when toggled off and is 12 seconds.

Timbersaw armor increased to 2
movespeed to 300
a succesfull timberchain cuts the remaining cooldown for your other spells in half. OR!! stuns no longer interrupt timber chain.
he is a really weak offlaner right now since he needs too much farm, therefore i buffed his laning power.
Or maybe make Whirling Death do extra damage when in Timber Chain? I feel like the cooldown halving would be a bit too good. The other changes would be pretty good I think
Troll Warlord 3 armor bonus moved to ranged form. melee bonus now gives -3 armor. armor health bonus added to ranged form? so it actually makes sense as a berserker form that makes him more reckless.
movespeed bonus is now 20 at all levels.
fervor stacks last for 5 seconds. whirling axes blind duration to 5 seconds.

Weaver the swarm manacost from 100 to 70/80/90/100

Ursa overpower from 3/4/5/6 attacks to 3/4/5/6 seconds. awwwwww dayum.
Kreygasm
Wraith King GIVE US BACK THAT MORTAL STRIKE ABILITY, IT WAS AWESOME!!!

THE END!!! THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!! FIN!!!

Opinions in blue, because seagulls live by the sea. The sea reflects the blue light of the sky and looks blue, which then gets reflected from the seagull's wings into our eye and our brain recognises it as blue. Or well, maybe because Orange™ would be copying.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » February 26, 2015 5:21pm | Report
THE WRAITH KING MORTAL STRIKE WAS THE MOST OP THING IN EXISTENCE AT THE TIME AND IT WOULD BE AGAIN PLEASE NOOOOOOO
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 26, 2015 6:03pm | Report
Timbersaw is insanely strong as it is.

no buffs needed sorry timber :c

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved