Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Maceless void in 6.86

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Maceless void in 6.86 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » December 17, 2015 11:52am | Report
So I haven't played dota since 6.86 came out and won't be able to for like 2 weeks but I want help with our new maceless/flairless friend and how to build/play him.

1. Is blink now almost core since time walk is an escape more than initiation now?

2. Do u still build him as a hard carry and farm/rat till u have 3-5 items and come out and win or do u now build him as a mid game initiator and get survivability

3. Is his new skill any good at all because I haven't seen any streams of anyone playing void so idk how his new w works and how void works without his counter everything old skill

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 17, 2015 6:43pm | Report
It all comes down to what kind of Void you want to play - he got buffed in both his initiator role and his hard carry role. If playing initiator, then yes, I'd definitely say to get a blink dagger. As a carry, it's a bit more up in the air and really depends on the rest of your lineup, ie is there a way for you to get in despite the lower range on Time Walk?

But aside from that, his new Time Walk is insane. I had a game as him yesterday, and in the lategame it heals you anywhere from 500 to 1000 HP on average - in the midgame, it's basically a full heal after you tanked some nukes. You can definitely play him as a hard carry, he's far less reliant on Chronosphere now and as long as you get Skadi you won't miss the slow removed from your mobility spell. As an initiator, he's still situational depending on your team, but both playstyles are still viable.

Time Dilation is pretty crazy; especially against spell-spamming heroes like Abaddon or Leshrac. Against nukers, it vastly increases your survivability, and in conjunction with a BKB I feel no worry about fighting without ult.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » December 17, 2015 7:54pm | Report
I have tested the hero so far
So lets get started
First, you do want to receive nukes, but you dont wanna see stuns and AOE silences (consider picking another hero) because you Will need bkb
But if the enemy has a lot of nuke and lack disables than you should:
1) stack hp(skadi manta) and max Time Walk as soon as possible
2) if you are offlaning you want to have aghamihn so you can be a better initiator and more stats/hp
3)you also should consider Lotus Orb CORE on Offlane void (LOL WAT???), the item fits so good for the new void woth the new time walk and, you can receive high nukes and then use your ability to negate it, good against silences too, it is especially good against Storm Spirit Silencer and [Queen of Pain]]
4) You are the real anti mage of the game, but as well, now void is so weak to physical damage that it seems a problem, you dont want to pick him if enemy has a lots of righclickers (ranged are the worst as you cant blink well and cant perma bash until you reach them), to solve this both as carry or offlane is Solar Crest, and you want to have it as soon as possible (it also helps in chrono)
5) You suck against bkb, really, if they turn on you should blink back
6) skill build: ADAPT ADAPT ADAPT
If facing the offlane or hard nukes you want the Time Walk ,if you want agression and have kill potential in lane then Time Lock ,is the way to go, generally you want to have one point in time dilation and max it later
7) aaaah the item build, no one onow what to do so for, but in the early game you want to have, either carry or offlane, Phase Boots Orb of Venom rinf of aquila Medalion of courage, if offlaning you want to have aghamins lotus orb refresher and blink, with a damage steroid somewhere in there, mjornls or [Difussal Blade]] can be a good pick up
For carry... i really dont know, expect someone here sugests something, you really need Atack and Moviment speed ( drums come to mind), as well as hp, and then a item to easy farm, So i would buy Phase Aquila solar crest maelstorm Skadi and then things like critic, mkb and the 2 hyperstone item

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 17, 2015 10:37pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

It all comes down to what kind of Void you want to play - he got buffed in both his initiator role and his hard carry role. If playing initiator, then yes, I'd definitely say to get a blink dagger. As a carry, it's a bit more up in the air and really depends on the rest of your lineup, ie is there a way for you to get in despite the lower range on Time Walk?

But aside from that, his new Time Walk is insane. I had a game as him yesterday, and in the lategame it heals you anywhere from 500 to 1000 HP on average - in the midgame, it's basically a full heal after you tanked some nukes. You can definitely play him as a hard carry, he's far less reliant on Chronosphere now and as long as you get Skadi you won't miss the slow removed from your mobility spell. As an initiator, he's still situational depending on your team, but both playstyles are still viable.

Time Dilation is pretty crazy; especially against spell-spamming heroes like Abaddon or Leshrac. Against nukers, it vastly increases your survivability, and in conjunction with a BKB I feel no worry about fighting without ult.

You sir gave the idea of time dilation. I took it from your modified Chrono ulti and watered it down.

And you get nothing for it, good day sir.

I imagine it could make a good passive ultimate. Any person getting slowed for 20 per ability for 10 seconds, whnever they cast near void. And then have their skills locked for 10 again.

Won't that be nice?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » December 18, 2015 5:21am | Report
Ok thank u yellulzqueit for the feedback and a tl dr write up for ur comment would be something along the lines of build void tanky with a damage steroid and adapt to whatever the game is and build aggressively early game instead of farming for the late game

nukers united

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 18, 2015 8:02am | Report
U know....you could for one time honor everyone who gave you an idea...just on the forum...or pm it to them..so they actually feel good.
Don't post it somewhere else otherwise people will come....and I hate people.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 18, 2015 8:22am | Report
michimatsch wrote:

U know....you could for one time honor everyone who gave you an idea...just on the forum...or pm it to them..so they actually feel good.
Don't post it somewhere else otherwise people will come....and I hate people.

Here take my cookie.

Aww you dropped it.

Here take another!
Aww your dog ate it

Here take another......
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » December 18, 2015 8:41am | Report
Idk you ur getting so mad Michi I am just trying to get friendly advice and give credit to whom credit is due so if u could just kindly leave the sub and not be anymore volatile that'd be gr8

nukers united

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » December 18, 2015 9:01am | Report
Lol I feel like a dumbass I just understood what u mean and I am sorry for not giving credit to all who commented and yes I am contradicting myself so I am sorry for offending anybody

nukers united

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 18, 2015 10:05am | Report
^I was talking to Kyphoid...sry if I offended you. And yes...sorry I actually was disruptive here.
Sry

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved