Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Level 6 from the very start of the game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Level 6 from the very start of the game 16 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Is this change desirable?
Yes
No
Desirable with some changes
Cannot answer
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 22, 2014 9:31am | Report
Soooooo...
I wanted to start something light in the form of a discussion.
If you were to be given an option of having a level 6 hero from the start for each team, which hero would you want to be levelled? What role would you like him to play? And what meta change could this usher in?
Thoughts?
Would you desire this implemented given meta shift to late game to balance game timings a bit?
Or would you like that instead of starting at level 6 one hero from each team should be able to skill ultis at lvl 1.

I leave this for the verdict now.
( no long rants from me, hiw do you like this fellas?)
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » November 22, 2014 10:24am | Report
zeus would ruin stuff along with brewmaster. I missed your rants :(
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 22, 2014 10:38am | Report
I was thinking more on the lines of juggernaut faceless void lane.
Void chronos when juggernaut has caught him in bladefury, does some damage by hitting him and voila first blood.

Do you really miss my rants? Should i start trolling?
I think not. It's better this way. I have channelized my inquisitive faculties to much better uses. I will make long rants though ;)
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 22, 2014 10:44am | Report
I mean, the only thing I see happening is you get massive amounts of 5 man DOTA, since you just build around big team-fight Ultimates and aggresive heroes, and thus go from tower to tower early on.

Are we also talkin that you'll have the 6 levels worth of skills? Because again, that's just going to encourage massive amounts of push with Pugna, Jakiro or others with push abilities.

It would ruin a lot of the balance currently in the game, and probably kill off slower playstyles.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » November 22, 2014 10:54am | Report
I guess I would take Centaur Warrunner , Stampede is just so good, and he also has much burst damage.

About this getting in-game: no way I'd say. It would be really random in my opinion. And I dislike the idea of having one hero dominate the whole game, as the early lvl six means faster farming also.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 22, 2014 10:58am | Report
Level Six? Oracle all the way.

But seriously, Tidehunter would be pretty good.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 22, 2014 11:17am | Report
The aim is to kick start the game.
Both teams get to put 6 levels worth of skill points on one hero. Couple this with first blood gold change and the already implemented tower fortifications changes we have a new meta.

The aim here is indeed early 5 man dota but also to give supports a leeway. Buffing carries early, other than snow ballers would be waste rather give space to them by skilling a support. As a result, we get a functioning support which makes early exchanges interesting and an almost forced discouragement to turtling.
We see supports being buffed and carries being nerfed as these changelogs come progressively so why not do this?
Give support the tools to change the tides of the game.
We are only awarding them level six and not the gold they would have 12 mins in game so i dont see big teamfight initiators getting the edge.

So are we really sure a push strat would be viable? Will this curb excessivley long games and bring some balance to this late game comeback dota we currently have?

Or would you rather have 3 carry strat one hard and 2 snowballers?

Food for thought people....

Jaaa Mata.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 22, 2014 11:38am | Report
Earth Spirit... and Earth Spirit.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 22, 2014 11:50am | Report
Why do we need to kick start the game? Kick starting the game lessens the importance of the laning stage, which also has an effect on the total impact of supports. Like, why would you let a true laning stage happen when you can swing massive amounts of early power with those 6 levels, get a lot of towers, and basically snowball your team from the beginning.

And saying tht this is done to 'give supports the tool to change the tides of games' - What game are you even watching? Supports do control games, probably more than cores do. Support rotations can shift entire games, fast reactions on a support can ruin enemy intiations. Hell, look at Starladder, where Big Daddy managed to essentially hold the base by himself as a support Earthshaker.

Likewise the initation doesn't matter - You don't need to jump in when you can say - 'Hey, if you want to go on my team to stop us from pushng your tower, I'm going to be here with Ravage or Black Hole or any other big tem-fight ability' because when 4 enemy heroes are level 1, you should not be fighting into this AOE ulti's.

There's very little wrong with long games either - A longer game gives more opportunity for individual skill to shine, which in turns makes the playing field more level, and allow more heroes to e viable due to the increased amount of farm on average. The comeback mechanic itself is also great because it rewards one team playing fantastically, or punishes the others stupidty, both of which are great things.

Or if you think there will still be conventional Laning - Why not put the 6 levels on level dependant snowballers rather than item dependant? Storm Spirit and Timbersaw are two examples of heroes that would be absurd with this change, because they have 4 really easy targets to gank from the off. They probably wouldn't need to farm a creep the entire game in competant hands because they could simply dominate from the off.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » November 22, 2014 12:09pm | Report
tbh i dont think this change would do anything. The dota 2 map is NOT designed to give more than 3 heroes/team farm, meanig that even IF every hero starts at ANY later level, there simply are heroes that have higher farm priority. therefor a level and gold gap WILL develop.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved