Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Invoker armlet

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Invoker armlet 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TonyD » May 31, 2013 4:43pm | Report
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my bad english. I'm French you know x')

I haven't seen any thread about this, so i'm posting one.

I wanted to know if anyone has tried armlet on invoker, since it is a good cost-efficient item.

It could be useful for early-mid game ganks.

Plus, 1 level in quas and helm of iron will gives you enough regen to stay on your lane.

As usual, exort helps you making last hits, and wex gives you movement speed.

Combined with Phase boots, armlet and alacrity damage, as well as the additional attack speed and 30 damage per hit from cold snap and the forge spirit damage it could be ridiculously strong.

This is a build for a high auto-attack invoker in early-mid game.

What's your opinion ? Feel free to criticize ^^

Here's a screeshot i took when playing against bots.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4207/invokerarmlet.jpg

TonyD

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 31, 2013 5:39pm | Report
It... IS a very high DPS invoker, that's for sure.

The whole problem with this is it's like using Spirit Bear as a courier or something like that - it's a waste of what the hero/skill can naturally do.

For instance, your build is centered on Exort, has some concentration on wex, and ignores Quas until the other 2 are maxed. This means that
1: You have barely any CC
2: You have high damage but it is very easy to burst you down on lane and/or gank you

Which is very bad for an invoker.

Objectively, QW builds are safer to use, and alacrity is a skill best used on your main carry and not yourself. Not to mention if you can build an armlet, then you'll be more than halfway through with a scepter which is definitely a much more important item for him.

Feel free to use it, because it seems you're the "exort" type of person and I'm not forcing you to use the QW build, but despite armlet being OP right now I think putting it on Invoker is pushing it too far.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 31, 2013 11:43pm | Report
If you want to have a little bit more DPS,go for Desolator.The reduction coupled with Forge Spirit reduction can make sure that you kill people rather quickly.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fjuben » June 4, 2013 1:51pm | Report
samukobo wrote:

The whole problem with this is it's like using Spirit Bear as a courier or something like that

First of all, I think this is an amazing analogy. secondly, he's completely right; it could probably work in pubs and such, but it will never be 'viable'.

Fjuben

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » June 4, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Invoker is a very flexible hero, but building him on a total DPS route seems to nullify all the other great things he can do. If you want DPS, get someone who will make use of it like Lifestealer, and you can still have an armlet :D.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved