Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[HELP] Preparing 3v3 Doto w/ Random Teammates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » [HELP] Preparing 3v3 Doto w/ Random Teammates 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hisbiy » December 24, 2014 10:41pm | Report
Hello, Good Players! Merry X-Mas to all of you!

I'm a new 3000+ hours doto player. Not a single competition ever done. Just playing pub and sometimes ranked. But, I'm going to follow a 3v3 Dota 2 event with the registered player will choosen randomly for each team. I know it is weird dota because I could not undestood what the thing my teammates can do for best. It is just a simple event which I know the purpose is to check how far people have attention with dota in that area, not a big one.

OK directly want to ask. What thing should I prepare for trying to be the top on this 3v3 random team dota event? The event be held on Jan 3rd which I have 9+ to go today. Guys, please give suggestion or everything, I will read all of it and try in-game!

Thank you!

hisbiy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RHYShantheImmortal » December 25, 2014 5:44am | Report
Uhm. 3v3 has a different playstyle than 5v5. 5v5 really relies wardings, gankings, and not much on laning for most team build ups I guess. But some heroes in 5v5 really rely on lane dominance. However, 3v3 is different. It focuses more on laning coz its ganking is a difficult task to achieve. Example is when a hero is missing from the map u can just simply back off a little supposing that hero will gank u up. Heroes with good laning phase and can transition effectively to mid game and if the drags can also carry the team is what I would suggest. A sample lineup are brewmaster, PL, shadow shaman. Shadow shaman has two disables which can disable two of their heroes in teamfights. Brewmaster has also two. From the earth and storm unit. PL is pretty dominant with his Q wheb spammed correctly and can scale pretty good late game.bane is also a good pick. He can sleep one hero and can reduce the damage of a right clicker enemy hero with his enfeeble and can fiends grip the **** out of the other. I guess this would help.

RHYShantheImmortal

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hisbiy » December 25, 2014 10:40pm | Report

Uhm. 3v3 has a different playstyle than 5v5. 5v5 really relies wardings, gankings, and not much on laning for most team build ups I guess. But some heroes in 5v5 really rely on lane dominance. However, 3v3 is different. It focuses more on laning coz its ganking is a difficult task to achieve. Example is when a hero is missing from the map u can just simply back off a little supposing that hero will gank u up. Heroes with good laning phase and can transition effectively to mid game and if the drags can also carry the team is what I would suggest. A sample lineup are brewmaster, PL, shadow shaman. Shadow shaman has two disables which can disable two of their heroes in teamfights. Brewmaster has also two. From the earth and storm unit. PL is pretty dominant with his Q wheb spammed correctly and can scale pretty good late game.bane is also a good pick. He can sleep one hero and can reduce the damage of a right clicker enemy hero with his enfeeble and can fiends grip the **** out of the other. I guess this would help.

Thanks for the help!
I will put note of the heroes that you suggested. Maybe I must request for my teammates to good at map awareness.

I want to play aggressive early game. What do you think with it?

Guys, if you have anything to share about this 3v3 dota. Please, let me know!

Thank you!

hisbiy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 26, 2014 2:36am | Report
Eh, i think supports wint have an actual spot here because you generally dont want an empty lane.

I say pick heroes that can solo lanes, and have a good impact, while also proviidng utility to the team,
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hisbiy » December 26, 2014 3:36am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Eh, i think supports wint have an actual spot here because you generally dont want an empty lane.

I say pick heroes that can solo lanes, and have a good impact, while also proviidng utility to the team,

Thank you!
Let's say Necrophos or OD?

hisbiy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 26, 2014 3:42am | Report
Sort of.. Necrophos seems pretty good..

Heroes that gave utility

Heroes that can solo lane

Heroes that contributes to fights

I was thinking maybe Beastmaster, maybe Puck.

Puck seems good actually.

3v3 killing the hero is much more important

Go elusive/tanky heroes like necro or puck, maybe even timber
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hisbiy » December 26, 2014 6:27am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Sort of.. Necrophos seems pretty good..

Heroes that gave utility

Heroes that can solo lane

Heroes that contributes to fights

I was thinking maybe Beastmaster, maybe Puck.

Puck seems good actually.

3v3 killing the hero is much more important

Go elusive/tanky heroes like necro or puck, maybe even timber

This is promising dude, awesome. I'll take note!
Thank you so much for all the shares!

hisbiy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 26, 2014 5:32pm | Report
Necrophos is surprisingly good. Sythe, 2v3=GG
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 26, 2014 6:26pm | Report
Think about solo mid people that can also solo sidelanes.

Heroes that come to mind are:

Puck
Queen of Pain
Viper
Windranger
Brewmaster

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 26, 2014 6:40pm | Report
Lone Druid also seems like a strong pick here - good solo laner, benefits from farm, potent carry, provides push. Other 1v1 lane destroyers like Swagger Fiend also seem powerful in this format.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved