Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fear the, Lycan. (A discussion of the applications and appropriate pick choice of, Lycanthrope)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Fear the, Lycan. (A discussion of the applications and appropriate pick choice of, Lycanthrope) 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HappyMealDOTA » August 25, 2013 2:39pm | Report
I have been trying out some heroes, I have hardly ever played before. Lycan is one. I have been having a lot of fun with him. How ever, I was wondering exactly who, Lycan is really good against. I figure heroes without blink and not, AoE stuns. Also, I think hero like, Meepo is **** against, Lycan. I am curious as to what you people think.

HappyMealDOTA

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » August 25, 2013 4:37pm | Report
Hes good against squishy heros and ones without stuns. Lycan is one of the best mid game heros but hes fallen off in popularity due to nerfs and the pushing lineup going out of favor in the meta. Meepo is actually pretty good against lycan only if he gets aghs and vlads up. then you poof and right lcikc can kill him easily plus net will stop him.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HappyMealDOTA » August 25, 2013 9:45pm | Report
yeah, I figured the nerfs had something to do with everyone forgetting about him. I suppose you are right with the, Meepo thing. After killing, Meepo 3 or 4 times in the last game, I played against him because of all his clones, I guess, I just assumed, Lycan countered him. I think, Lycan is almost kind of a gem though. His global buff really helps in team fights and his aura too! He is like a more useful, Beast Master. His ulti makes him more tanky and have a larger damage out put. All of this combined and he is one deadly carry. I have been researching some early game jungle strategies that make him still able to get large amounts of farm effectively. With what little knowledge, I know of, Lycan if, I knew what annoying heroes he countered, I could play him so much more effectively. Sadly most annoying carries i.e. Huskar, Riki and Life Stealer don't seem to be affected much by, Lycan.

HappyMealDOTA

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » August 25, 2013 9:50pm | Report
His jungling ability has diminished alot and he isnt the best laner. In pubs its all about the vlads timing as thats when you snowball

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » September 3, 2013 2:15pm | Report
I'm with Ancient Hero on this. Lycan lost too much jungling ability through nerfs, even with mircoing your wolves to minimize damage while jungling it isn't really worth it until you get vlads. Then I typically rush basher (after treads) then from there it really depends on the other team on what I go for my late game items. Usually a deso/bkb/heart

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » September 3, 2013 3:04pm | Report
If I random lycan I can get vlads at 6:30 or so. AC after basher or bkb is really good just cus the debuff allows your wolves to hit harder as well. Necro is another great item as it gives him some int and the summons move at max move speed during his ulti and get the bonus damage from howl.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » September 4, 2013 1:15pm | Report

He is like a more useful Beast Master.

Sorry, but the only more useful Beastmaster is Batrider.

Naga and Bane are next in line.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved