Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ethereal Blade on Drow

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ethereal Blade on Drow 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 8, 2015 9:48am | Report
Recently I had a match with Drow Ranger {http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1382979902}. Because of some misunderstandings, we went for the 5 carry strat. After I got my Shadow Blade and Manta Style I decided to build a butterfly. Then after being zapped by Nyx Assassin a few times, I wanted to zap him back. Long story short, i decide to build an Ethereal Blade. Couldn't really finish it though so I do not know how well it would work. I mean as with the Morphling shotgun build, I could cast it and then purge the debuff by using Manta Style. So, would it work?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 8, 2015 10:21am | Report
To use it offensively as a nuke? No, it's a complete waste of gold.

To use it defensively as a Ghost Scepter on yourself or your teammates, it can make sense in some games. But not when you're facing heavy magic damage like in this game.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 8, 2015 10:26am | Report
I meant as a nuke and now that i think about it, it will be a waste of gold.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Konstantin_C » April 8, 2015 11:27am | Report
You could use Manta Style to purge the debuff but Nyx would stay in ghost form anyways which means you couldn't attack him. Actually, I think you help your opponent with that item in that case :)
In my opinion, Ethereal Blade is rejected item for Drow Ranger. Maybe could be used only situational.

Konstantin_C

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 8, 2015 11:52am | Report
you dont become ethereal if you use eblade anymore.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved