Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dumb Question S02EP02: Clinkz Offlane, Very Strong?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dumb Question S02EP02: Clinkz Offlane, Very Strong? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 4, 2014 4:04am | Report
With his invis, his speed gone quite high.

With his arrows, his lasthit is very strong

Ranged, pretty save from spells.

Assuming no pulling, what is the best way to counter his offlane?
Dust is meh, the slow aint gonna do a thing
Sentry is meh, he's always moving
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 4, 2014 4:58am | Report
Clinkz offlane has never been any good IMO. Clinkz is an *extremely* farm-dependent hero who absolutely needs good early farm to be effective. Which is the complete opposite to an offlaner. Offlane is all about sapping experience and not getting much farm. Clinkz is a snowballing hero, and a terrible comeback hero. An underfarmed Clinkz who is playing from behind is completely useless.

Honestly Clinkz is only viable as a safe lane carry or solo safe lane if you're playing seriously. He's a pretty good solo mid I think, because of his last-hitting/harassing ability, but he can be bursted down so mid Clinkz is situational (e.g he'll own Sniper or Drow easily but he can struggle against heavy burst heroes like QoP or Mirana) . Offlane Clinkz is a huge no-no to me except against bad lanes. Clinkz is strong in a 1 v 1 matchup, but he really can't solo against 2 or 3 heroes ; he'll just die.

How to counter offlane Clinkz? Just kill him. He has 400 starting HP and no starting armor, he's probably the squishiest lvl 1 hero in dota. Any lane with 2 stuns makes short work of him. Say, Naga Siren + Lion lane, that's 5 seconds of lockdown to burst him down easily. And that's just a dual lane, any trilane wrecks him easily. I don't see much point in getting sentries, there's no point in zoning him out, just get dust and go for kills honestly.

Offlane Clinkz is bad because you're laning a farm-dependent hero in a lane where farming is pretty much impossible because you risk getting killed, and because you're laning a squishy hero against a lane that is likely to have 2 stuns and is able to burst you down easily. Clinkz offlane is essentially only good against silly pub dual lanes with 2 carries and no disable or something. Offlane Clinkz against a trilane = GG.

So yeah, pulling, and any dual lane or trilane with 2+ stuns to get an easy first blood.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » September 4, 2014 7:37am | Report
Weak offlaner at best. Buy sentries at start of game and pick disables. Kill him if he comes out past his tower. If he has a vision or blocking ward, get rid of it. Pull as much as possible to keep him underleveled. No different than you would do against any other offlane, except he's a lot easier to deal with.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 4, 2014 10:55am | Report
he is pretty weak, personally i dont even consider him an option for the offlane. he needs early farm since he is pretty slow at it. and doesnt add anything apart from rightclick damage, and damage isnt the offlaners role.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved