Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chaos Knight vs Spirit Breaker, Help!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Chaos Knight vs Spirit Breaker, Help! 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dotlord » August 4, 2015 5:39am | Report
Hey Guys,

My first post, hope no one gets annoyed. Just thought my query might be a fun thing to work out.

Basically I play with a best friend a lot, his best hero is CK and mine's SB. Of course its a no brainer who'd win that match 1 v 1. Due to my ego, I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to beat him 1 v 1 in a bot match of course. His images and rift are no match for even 4 heroes incl myself to go against. I try to stay clear of him most of the game and farm to get strong enough, but still I get pawned.

Any thoughts or strategies? My idea was to get some escape mechanism when he rifts me, let him use up mana and ulti and then hunt him down. And late game get item rich enough to whack the **** out of him and his images with armor, hp and some cleave.

Or is that all not gonna work and should I swallow my ego and take him out with Medusa? Help. :(

dotlord

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » August 4, 2015 5:47am | Report
Ghost scepter is very good, and cheap. Honestly ck is pretty tanky, so it's at the start not so much of a good target. But I think the way you need to beat him is by early early stuff (like, level 3 or something). Or try to out-xp him and get a quick 6 and go kill a**. Late game it'll be hard winning against him, but like I said ghost scepter can really frustrate him. Honestly there's not much you can do late game. Maybe even try to go for a dagon to try to burst him down, because I don't see you really killing him unless the 17%rng comes with you.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 4, 2015 8:16am | Report
Splitpush. It is the easiest thing in the world to do vs bots, even unfair ones ALL TP in to defend a tower you attack, so you can just charge another lane and leave your buddy's 4 teammates without TPs on a pushed lane, unless he get very farmed he can't solo your bots.

Get BoTs, MoM, Mjollnir, maybe even Necro III if you are sure you can win by splitpushing solely. All that stuff that kills creeps fast and doesn't make you an easy target if CK catches you.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 5, 2015 5:08am | Report
Just Charge to the farthest illusion from you so you bash through all of them, then use Veil of Discord and ult the real one. From there you could right click (with attack speed items).
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Enigmasflame » September 22, 2015 10:15pm | Report
If you want to actually manfight it out against a CK, the item build that comes to mind would be Treads, Dominator, Solar Crest, Blademail, Shadow Blade/Silver Edge, luxury is Mjolnir or AC. CK depends a lot on the ability to successfully initiate, and inflict physical damage, so you have to exploit that. I know you're talking about bots, but understanding how the hero even works will give a better understanding of how to outplay and counter him in a real game as well.

Having the ability to dodge right-clicks, and return lots of damage without clicking, while empowering your own right-clicks, should give you the ability to trade hits with CK (+his teammates) fairly well.

With Helm of the Dominator, you can dominate an Ogre Frostmage for his Ice Armor buff (pretty much Lich's Frost Armor). It slows the enemy's attack and movement speed (including illusions), and gives you 8 armor (+48% effective hp vs physical damage). If your microing skills are decent, dominate a Centaur Conqueror for its aoe stun, so you can chain your stuns with the centaur's.

A Spirit Breaker with a Shadow Blade/Silver Edge has great initation capabilities, and gives him plenty of solo-kill potential that may give you enough time to effectively stunlock CK to death before he can even get his own stun or ult off in time.

If you can farm up an Agh's pretty fast, you can probably swap the Blademail out for it. The Agh's upgrade for SB would actually pay off pretty well with the 20 sec cooldown and the addition to your ult inflicting aoe damage + stun instead of being limited to one-target.

Early game though, Orb of Venom, Treads, Wand, Medallion of Courage, Poor Man's Shield, and a Blademail should do just fine. You don't need ludicrous amounts of farm to be a threat. Just try not to die too much.

Enigmasflame

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved