Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

BREAKTHROUGH GUYS.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » BREAKTHROUGH GUYS. 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 19, 2015 5:05am | Report
I was thinking about something related to skull basher where this struck me.

I realized that that there were many ranged heroes on which Skull Basher would have been considered core were it not for it's **** % to proc. So, i came up with a new mechanic to make Skull Basher slightly more usable for ranged heroes.

The bash chance decreases as you go farther away from the target, the bash chance decreases.

To calculate the appropriate change per dotometer, i did some calculations.

After uber mathematics, i came to the conclusion that the average attack range in the game 272.03.
Yeah.That was kinda wrong, so i did another set of calculations and the average came to nearly 600.

After that i averaged the skull basher chances, which come to 17.5%

After that i took out the parity between the average attack range and the maximum attack range attainable and it was 40%. Yes guys, the difference between 1000 and 600 is officially 40% .-.

40% to 400, which comes to 0.1% per dotometer.So here is my proposition.

If the attack range of the hero 1000 = bash chance 10%
If the attack range of the hero 600 = bash chance 17.5%

For every dotameter below this threshold, the % change of proc will increase by 0.01 and vice versa.

I hope you guys understand what i'm saying.

Morphling sama has an attack range of 350 (;_;)

Which means that his attack range is 250 less than the average. this implies that he will get 17.5 250 * 0.02 = 17.5 + 2.5 = 20% chance to bash the enemy.

This will be done in order to increase the viability of ranged carries in this bash-oriented meta and will solidified in the meta, while keeping their stuns in check by range method which will limit of the usage of sniper and lina abusers.

So, whaddaya think?

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 19, 2015 5:15am | Report
If a hero with 600 attack range has a 17% chance to bash it's a complete disaster - it's approximately 1 bash in 6 hits, stack some attack speed and ypu can permabash people.

Skull Basher was meant to be an item for melee carries or a situational 6th slot for some AGI carries. It's just too broken for ranged heroes with even 17% chance to bash( Spirit Breaker has 17% bash for comparsion).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 19, 2015 7:52am | Report
Rework on the cooldown would gives you a better result, currently the proc chance is fine.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 19, 2015 8:05am | Report
So 17.5% bash chance for 600 range heroes? I think it's pretty OP.

If you have this I'm rushing basher on Windranger and Clinkz and I assure you it's going to be pretty stupid xD

WR can literally perma-bash heroes now.

Maybe a slight buff to the bash chance why not but not that high, 12-13% max I say.
Otherwise your late game Morph/Clinkz/WR is literally going to permabash ^^
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 19, 2015 12:22pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

So 17.5% bash chance for 600 range heroes? I think it's pretty OP.

If you have this I'm rushing basher on Windranger and Clinkz and I assure you it's going to be pretty stupid xD

WR can literally perma-bash heroes now.

Maybe a slight buff to the bash chance why not but not that high, 12-13% max I say.
Otherwise your late game Morph/Clinkz/WR is literally going to permabash ^^

It would make every ranged hero into pre-nerf Sniper.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 20, 2015 2:36am | Report
kodo pls
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tracc » February 20, 2015 5:28am | Report
Maybe instead of changing the proc chance, the cooldown should be different from melee and range should be different. How about 5 sec cd on ranged?

tracc

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » February 21, 2015 11:14am | Report
Ranged Carries like Troll and Morph are better off buying MKB or Skadi
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved