Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Abusing Roshan Daily, Nightly And Ever So Rightly

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Abusing Roshan Daily, Nightly And Ever So Rightly 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 15, 2015 12:59am | Report
Ok the title may be a bit inappropriate :/ I'll change it if I have to but plz mercy

So as we all know, [{Spectre]] is the best Aegis carrier in the game, but is one of the worst Heroes ever for actually taking down Roshan. That's ok, we have a team.

My idea was to build a gank-heavy team that can take Roshan basically whenever he's up from about 10 minutes, and use the gold from Roshan and ganks to snowball into a lead. If this doesn't work, you still have turtling powers with lots of counterpush. The good thing about my idea of a lineup is that it is very flexible.

#1 - Spectre

#2 - Storm Spirit/ Queen of Pain/ Night Stalker - you know, ganking mids.

#3 - Axe/ Centaur Warrunner

#4 - Dazzle/ Treant Protector/ Abaddon

#5 - Lion/ Vengeful Spirit

It's pretty easy to pick these based on the enemy lineup and any potential counters they may have. The lineup is strong at most things - ganking, ricing, fighting, turtling. Its major weakness is pushing, but Spectre is a natural Manta Style carrier anyway.

So, playstyle and items.

Spectre - Slahser's way, except **** Radiance. Terathiel's way! Urn into HotD into casual Point Booster (for a Skadi later) into Yasha/Manta. Pick up a Diffusal Blade if needed. The reason for the Helm is to give you a farm mechanism which involves jungle stacks and a Wildwing Ripper. Works boyz. Basically, you build cost efficient items plus some early tank and sustain to make Aegis relevant.

The Mek is bought by the #4, who can also make use of jungle stacks. They will also get a Medallion to assist with Roshan, unless the #5 is Venge in which case she gets the Medallion.

An Assault Cuirass will later be picked up by the offlaner, and a Shiva's Guard by the mid - except if you went Night Stalker, in which case he gets the AC and the offlaner gets Shiva's.

Weaknesses - the trilane is very weak. Hence, it might be worthwhile to ban strong offlaners that can mess up Spectre's farm, although it's not devastating as she will be getting a lot of gold from non-creep sources.

Against meta Heroes, it fares pretty well, with the exception of Troll - he would make a good first ban. (side note... a 6-slotted Jugg solo ults Spectre. 5 seconds later, she's taken 500 damage. I did the math. ****ing hilarious.) I imagine the drafting stage would look like...

First Pick
Troll
Tide

Storm
Timber
Variable

Variable
Spectre

Second Pick
Troll
Storm

Timber
Tide

Variable
Spectre

If you can't get Storm before they have a chance to, pick the ****er.

I dunno, it sounds like a lot of theory requiring good coordination. Thoughts?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 15, 2015 1:26am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Ok the title may be a bit inappropriate :/ I'll change it if I have to but plz mercy

I've done it for you. I know you're trying to come off as funny, but that title was more than a little creepy. 8{(

Mine is much, much better. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 15, 2015 3:54am | Report
Awrighty, accepted :D

My sense of humour is very unique, let's use that.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 15, 2015 10:42am | Report
As we all know, spectre is not the best aegis carrier in the game because it is storm spirit. =D

Personally i think its way too risky. Storm needs a bit of items and can be a liability if shut down, spectre is easy to shut down and farms slow anyway, and the offlaners are dependant on getting blinks too.

Personally i like spectre more with a fighter in the mid who can win fights like brew, and in my personal experience spectre without radiance can be a bit underwhelming.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 15, 2015 2:05pm | Report
Best support when doing Rosh? Oracle the disarm and physical dmg amplification will melt Rosh on any lineup.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved