Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

a small rant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » a small rant 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » February 28, 2015 5:51pm | Report
So i was thinking about TOWER MECHANICS.

When you draw aggro, you a-click and it is diverted as long as you are not the nearest unit to tower.
Tower aggro also happens when you attack a hero in vicinity.

However, why is there no inverse mechanic????

considering the tone of ricing, why cant we as heroes partially control towers to attack heroes first in the vicinity? I mean when they push with a creep wave, they get the incentive that creeps get mindlessly aggro'd upon and heroes do get the free hits on tower.

So why not we as defender a-click on the DESIRED TARGET to draw aggro on THAT TARGET( a cruicial seige creep or a hero). Of course you may say that we as defender must be in a prescriberd range of tower to do that. This might make 1v3 defending a bit easier i guess?

Isnt that unfair? That only attackers have that mechanic? That the game is called defense of ancients? That they affirm my paradox of attack being the best defense in a defensive manner to attack aggressively?

ALSO: Why dont towers get that cleave as in the year beast brawl? Why shouldnt they get this mechanic permanently in dota 2 normal game?

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » February 28, 2015 6:27pm | Report
Because the YBB mechanic is an effect that is temporary. It becomes impossible to make a team push early in the game if the team activates it without your Year Beast with you. This sort of an effect without the year beast makes early game heroes already suffering from 6.83 almost irrelevant. As well as Meepo and illusion heroes.

Meepo. You'll never see him picked, ever. Ever. Even the people who have the muscle memory and play Meepo almost exclusively.

Undying. Doesn't have any escapes, his pushing capability falls off hugely early game.

Hard Carrys won't be able to tower dive, even for the easiest kill. Unless you're Anti-Mage with max blink. Tt's more dangerous than it is now.

Treant just stands in the same spot.

It gives towers too much control over the outcome of a teamfight if the fight is in range.

As far as targeting goes, it would make it too risky to deny the enemy farm if your creeps push to the tower. Maybe making it more punishing isn't a bad idea, but again, it gives towers a lot more control over the game. I don't see this as a good thing. I'm of the opinion that in an online pvp game, giving AI control over the outcome of a match is a bad idea.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » February 28, 2015 9:11pm | Report
This^

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » March 1, 2015 4:24am | Report
Making the towers attack heroes first makes them much "bigger and badder." It brings to mind League of Legend's towers and how scary they can be. Towers are not as great in DotA, but I already think they provide everything they need to. I mean we already got several extras glyphs to use on them a few patches ago. And although it is called Defense of the Ancients, its pretty much KTOA: Kill The Other Ancient.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 1, 2015 6:12am | Report
Layers:
AI is not being given the advantage here.
If you are in range you can decide who to shoot at if they are in range as well.

It makes all the more imperative that tower divers get punished if theu dont exwcute it well.
You havent see that razor video wjere he a clicked on illusion and got off scot free with 3 hp afyer killing storm?
Shouldht storm have some remedy to it?
If you speak of deflecting aggro, why cant the defenders redirect once the attackers have deflevted tower?
That should be feasible imo.

All i see here is technicality. No, its not even subjective opinion. Jist think on the lines of having a rebuttal wjen somebody made a good point. Towers should work like that.

The biggest irony here is that the enemy has more control on our towers. They define who the tower attacks. Aint that a kick in the head?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 1, 2015 7:03am | Report

The biggest irony here is that the enemy has more control on our towers.

seriously.. truer words had never been spoken

if i ponder it deeply i can see the merits in those words.

but kyphoid, now its going to be like this:

enemy redirect tower
we redirect tower
enemy redirect tower
we redirect tower
enemy redirect tower
we redirect tower

its going to be an endless battle my kypho-bro.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 1, 2015 10:26am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

seriously.. truer words had never been spoken

if i ponder it deeply i can see the merits in those words.

but kyphoid, now its going to be like this:

enemy redirect tower
we redirect tower
enemy redirect tower
we redirect tower
enemy redirect tower
we redirect tower

its going to be an endless battle my kypho-bro.

Simple:
Add a mech that states that once redirected, it can be redrawn aggro on an enemy hero ONLY ONCE for the time he is in range. Conversely, an enemy hero can draw away aggro ONLY ONCE per range and cannot draw aggro when its been redirected, So someone else has to do it.(My opinion is not to give the enemy an opportunity or a mechanic to redirect aggro. It should be reserved for allies only)

Thanks anyways for understanding my viewpoint.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 1, 2015 4:39pm | Report
I'm strongly opposed. I know the lack of aggro switching from LoL and it makes diving impossible. People would basically play tower shooter, redirect to full health creeps under tower for easier lasthits, always redirect on heroes to make dives too risky to attempt at any point. It would basically take off half the pressure you can apply when pushing.
I feel that the current mechanics requires enough preparation from the pushers to ensure their survival during the push. They need a decent wave, draw fast creep clearers elsewhere or pick them off fast and they have to work in a time window before their wave is gone or their mana/heals run too low for a possible fight.

With the possibility to redirect tower aggro as a defender you could leave KOTL alone at any pushing lane and keep a whole team from pushing by simply standing there, the pushing team having no dive possibilities to force a tower.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved