Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A good site for DotA mechanics

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » A good site for DotA mechanics 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Doctrflem » April 12, 2013 7:31pm | Report
Does nebody kno of 1?
playdota.com and dota2wiki just doesnt cut it imo

Doctrflem

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 12, 2013 7:36pm | Report
Be specific, which mechanics? For reference, all basic mechanics from Warcraft 3 apply to Dota2.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Doctrflem » April 29, 2013 9:03am | Report
My mecanical mouze, how does i clik?! But serysly I thought I cud interface my mecanical pencil with teh game and chenge teh code, wtf!

To be honest im just lookin for info about dps calculationz, specifc damage types such as physical/pierce/siege/chaos/hero/magical. how differnt abilities(like auras) stack w/ special item abilities and it wud be awesom if i cud find somewere that shows cast lags of each spell.

Ohs well I guess I'll stick to Dota Cinema for now: https://www.youtube.com/user/DotaCinema

Doctrflem

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 29, 2013 11:17am | Report
Damage Types

DPS per gold

The other things can be found on the heroes stats themselves or ingame.

Spells don't have "cast lag", each hero has a casting animation and that determines how fast they can cast their spells, unless it specifically states that after channeling for X amount of time the spell takes effect.

Auras themselves will say if they do not stack with other auras of similar type in the item description.

If you have anymore questions you can contact me via PM and I'd be glad to help with your questions and/or concerns.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Doctrflem » May 1, 2013 9:25am | Report
Sawweet, thx man much apprec. This will help out considerably in my guide i'm building

Doctrflem

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved