Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The World Can be a Cruel Place

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » The World Can be a Cruel Place 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 8, 2015 9:39pm | Report
Quoted:
Los Angeles, CA– On Thursday, an image that was originally posted to the image board 4Chan made its way into a group I am in that contains nearly 2000 of Los Angeles’ most inspiring and wonderful ladies.

Our entire group was horrified seeing the cruelty represented in the post, and seeing as this amazing group has done so many charitable and beautiful things in the past, I decided to throw out an offer to pay for his flight here if we could find him and throw him a party.

Naturally, the group being the big-hearted and beautiful souls that they are, were in near total agreement that we needed to find him and make things right. Everyone should be free to dance without bullying.

A few members were concerned that the photo spreading further could cause embarrassment if the man had not already seen the post. Eventually, it was decided that it would be better to throw out our invite in hopes maybe someone would know him and happen to see it and we could bring some positivity to such an upsetting situation.

After tweeting it out, it started being retweeted like mad as women from our group hopped on twitter to let him know that we would really like to invite him to dance. Thousands of mentions started flooding in with support from around the globe.

The World Can be a Cruel Place, But Thanks to This Loving Group of Women, Today It’s not so Cruel

This ain't surprising, for me, but those ********s can now cry in a corner. Also now the "Dancing Man" has a crowd of women around him.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 9, 2015 2:37am | Report
this happens more often than not.

I still rememberthe time imgur raised $20000 for a man whose house was deliberately reduced to ashes and the time we sent hundreds of happy birthday cards for a autistic and dying kid.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved