Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Exiled (Group-based PvP Arena game with MMORPG elements) is free this season

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » The Exiled (Group-based PvP Arena game with MMORPG elements) is free this season 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LashLash » April 27, 2017 11:04pm | Report
I've been having fun with this game, but the thing it needs is players to try it out :) So I'm here to spread the word, since it's free.

Here is the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/332650/The_Exiled/

I'm more of a CS:GO and Dota 2 player, but this kind of game appeals to me as well. I have played my fair share of MMO games over the years as well (I've been playing MMOs since I was 11 or so, I'm 31 now). I didn't know anyone when I started the game, but made friends within the game and actually it's been quite a refreshing experience. Even convinced my girlfriend to join in on the social and combat shenanigans. I've been having fun coordinating with people in the game, and doing scrappy PvP group fights for resource fights and sieging bases, against other clans. It's only a 500 MB download or so, so it's not a big deal trying it out and forgetting about it if you don't like it.

They go about doing things in a very unique way, it's hard to compare with other games. They are inspired by Shadowbane.

It is a bit of a divisive game, since the game has a 50% rating on steam (based on user reviews), since it can be punishing for new players if they aren't used to being cooperative and social. Also, a free to play game which is still in development (Steam Early Access), is bound to have a lot of reviews that say "no content", "no players". But yeah I think there is content, it's just unlocked mostly by joining a clan and fighting, not grinding. The game has made improvements to make the game easier to join a clan, but playing solo is not encouraged, much like other survival sandbox games (or competitive team games in general). Anyways I'm happy to answer questions here about it, or if you've played it, what you think about the game.

The developers are also active on the steam discussion boards, and reply to things, so if you want your feedback to be heard, it's not wasted energy if you put some thoughtful feedback up there :)

LashLash

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved