Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

TECHIES

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » TECHIES 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 19, 2014 7:55pm | Report
W E L O S T B O Y S

THE ALL STAR MATCH = RTZ TECHIES!

SO EXCITED!

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » July 20, 2014 8:41pm | Report
I was doing a match with some friends and one of my buds sent me a message saying "TECHIES HAS ARRIVED". I flipped my **** when I saw that.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 21, 2014 4:06am | Report
I saw the video. He was all like, "this'll be explosive" and then he picked Sniper and I just though oh well. But then it was all like TECHIES!!! And I was like HOLY **** YES!!,!,!,!,!,!!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 21, 2014 4:23am | Report
But... Why.. of all heroes, they ... um... yeah, ok.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » July 21, 2014 8:07am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

But... Why.. of all heroes, they ... um... yeah, ok.

Cause he requires skill to play and is rather counterable unlike what the masses will let you to believe. Also a rampage from across the map is hella fun!

I really am disgusted by guys putting the hate on Techies. Most of them never even played DotA and are just going with the flow.

It's like people hating Alliance for using rat( I dont like Alliance either but that's more of a skill assessment ). It is a viable, and highly counterable strat. Just get over it. I love Na'vi as well, but atleast I act like a grownup.

Better/Equally Good heroes to give would have been Arc warden, Oracle and Winter Wyvren. ( Abyssal never was really balanced, froggy kept playing round with his skills )
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » July 22, 2014 10:11pm | Report
I wasn't really a fan of techies in DotA but I never really cared

I don't understand the hate on techies, buy a sentry ward guys, he can be countered.

On the other hand I don't understand the insane hype for him either, he is a new hero...ok.....He really isn't that special, I mean having played him in dota 1 its not like he is the holy jesus of dota and can kill anyone with his abilities not matter their hp. He is just a hero, frankly I would have been more exited at tusk or something
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 23, 2014 4:11am | Report
People are really excited because his style of play is unique. Sentries/Gem are useless if the Tech is smart.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved