Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Survey about Dota 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Survey about Dota 2 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Student2014 » November 29, 2014 6:39am | Report
I will start of this post by apologizing if this thread is in the wrong section, and if a mod wants to move it, feel free to do so. Also if this goes against any regulations please remove this thread.

Now that we have that out of the way: Hello! I'm a game design student at Stockholm University, and me with two colleagues are doing an essay study on the unwritten rules of Dota 2. Unwritten rules (also called "implicit rules") are rules not described in a "rule book", but are rather implied by the players playing the game. To give an example: in Dota 2, it is implied that you should not take lasthits from your carry if you are playing a support, but it isn't nessecery a "written rule" that you must follow.

To complete our study, we decided that we needed more information about what the community thinks about the unwritten rules of Dota 2, and how they react when an unwritten rule is broken.

This is where you come in. We have made a survey with 14 questions aimed for Dota 2 players. The survey takes 10-15 minutes to complete, and it will be up until tuesday (we might prolong it if we think that we need more answers). We would greatly appreciate if you take some of your time to fill out the survey. The survey is anonymous, but you may need a google account in order to take it.

Link to the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XopjvvlSvIiZlq485qN3dvNuyM2ME5P7qiSzN7i0-rA/viewform

Any questions about the survey can be asked here in this thread.

Thank you for reading!

Student2014

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » November 29, 2014 7:30am | Report
Filled it in. Good luck with your study!

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » December 1, 2014 7:02am | Report
Completed. Good luck :)
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » December 1, 2014 2:51pm | Report
Glad to help you, good luck!
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » December 1, 2014 3:50pm | Report
Done, was quite interesting to fill in. Good luck with your study!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved