Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Get BACK at the hacker!! Russian Speaker help needed.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » Get BACK at the hacker!! Russian Speaker help needed. 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JRadTheBad » August 27, 2013 8:37pm | Report
So, my brother's account just got hacked.
Apparently, his friend's account got hacked first. This let the friend's hacked account be used to convince my brother to go to dota2lounges.com under the guise of helping him get a better price on an item.
Of course it's a phishing site. But he wanted to help his friend so he didn't notice. Next thing you know, he's entered his steam account and BAM!
He's hacked and locked out.
It will be a couple of weeks before steam does anything and all his Dota inventory will be gone by then.

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP!?
I have the *******'s contact information.
I have a street address, a name, an email address, and a phone number.
He lives in Moscow Russia and I need help from any russian speaking Dota player to help us out here.
He's logged in right now on my brother's account.
Anyone living in Moscow near Koshkina would be prefered.
Thank you!
Looking forward to shutting this jerk down for good.
PM ME!
*This is serious. Not a joke*

JRadTheBad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » August 28, 2013 3:36am | Report
JRadTheBad wrote:

He lives in Moscow Russia and I need help from any russian speaking Dota player to help us out here.
Thank you!
PM ME!

You seriously have those info? 0_o

Well, given the time you have and the speed of valve, you won't make it.

Relying on violence is wrong and could get you in legal matters ( Enchantress wouldn't approve) so you could somehow hack the account to get it back (The accounts that belonged to you and your friend, I mean) and then change the password or negotiate with the hacker.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » August 28, 2013 4:24am | Report
Quoted:
Thank you!
PM ME!

The only real way you could've attained this information is pertaining in illegal hacking yourself, meaning that helping you is technically a criminal offense. ;P

I would suggest a lock...

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 28, 2013 4:38am | Report
JRadTheBad wrote:

So, my brother's account just got hacked.
Apparently, his friend's account got hacked first. This let the friend's hacked account be used to convince my brother to go to dota2lounges.com under the guise of helping him get a better price on an item.
Of course it's a phishing site. But he wanted to help his friend so he didn't notice. Next thing you know, he's entered his steam account and BAM!
He's hacked and locked out.
It will be a couple of weeks before steam does anything and all his Dota inventory will be gone by then.

Thank you!
PM ME!

Ticket to Valve? Ask for returning the account and the items( the first time the account gets hijacked the items get returned).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JRadTheBad » August 28, 2013 10:29pm | Report
Valve won't "interfere" with Steam economy.
It's been shown many many times with others who've been hacked and lost their accounts.
1. No illegal activity has taken place on the part of myself or my colleagues.
The personal information obtained as it turns out, appears to be at least partially false.
He created a new falsified email address to gain hosting for the phishing site he used and the phone number also appears to be false. Interestingly enough, the name and address appear to be legit though... Without someone on site to visit this individual, it would be impossible to determine if it is in fact legit info or if he falsified this as well.
We are NOT talking about illegal activities on our part at all.
We simply were hoping for someone to stop by and visit the individual, or attempt a phone call in russian.
A simple: "You're done with your operation. Oh, and give this guy his stuff back or I'm calling the police" Would suffice.
In the meantime, we're (legally) crawling the remaining files on the server that was hosting the site to determine if there's any other info we can glean from his somewhat untidy phishing code.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I will not disclose any identifying info on the forum, I invite others to contact me via PM if you are willing and able to help with our dilemma.
AGAIN: NO illegal activities are taking place by us and we do NOT condone illegal activities even to get revenge on an ******* like this.
Thank you for your time.

JRadTheBad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » August 29, 2013 1:00am | Report
You could be really dirty, trace his coding and see if you can lock its source to his local wan IP or even better, if you can figure out the router IP trace it to his machines and mobile devices and do some nasty things
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 29, 2013 5:11am | Report
This doesn't belong here, I'm sorry.

Only Valve can help you.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved