Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Moderator: TheSofa

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » New Moderator: TheSofa 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 15, 2018 9:05am | Report

Today is a special day, and not only because it's the World Cup finals! I'd like to announce the promotion of our newest Moderator, TheSofa!

Throughout the years, TheSofa has greatly helped DOTAFire develop both as an Editor and as a Veteran. From simple database updates to contests judging and forum activities, he always did his best to help us out of passion and dedication to the game and to our dear community.

We would like to thank TheSofa for being one of the pillars of our community and for all his hard work to help the growth of one of the friendliest DotA 2 communities around. You're awesome!

Congratulations and enjoy your blue nickname! :D
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2018 9:32am | Report
YAY

It's been a wild journey, folks. A wild, wild journey. Throughout these years I've seen myself grow as a person and as a dota player, I've watched the rise and fall of many community members, and I've gotten to see the forums at its peaks and its valleys.

I'm delighted to be a part of the team of superheroes I once looked up to.

See you around!
~Sofa

Also Bunkansee if you're reading this

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 15, 2018 2:14pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

YAY

It's been a wild journey, folks. A wild, wild journey. Throughout these years I've seen myself grow as a person and as a dota player, I've watched the rise and fall of many community members, and I've gotten to see the forums at its peaks and its valleys.

See you around!
~Sofa

Congrats Sofa! You definitely deserve this, as you are super active on the forum even still. (After what, like 4 years?!) Even though my annual posts are suuuper informative and stuff, you definitely deserve this way more than me, though I still beat you to veteran haha. Also I'm fairly sure this is fate, because just as I on a whim decided to check my old hero and item ideas, (which are definitely a lot worse than I remembered them) I saw you with your new shiny blue name.

Send me a message on steam sometime! We should play some DotA soon, I can't remember if we've even played at all before... maybe just once?

Glad you remembered me also haha, I feel honoured.

Bunkansee

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2018 9:00pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Congrats Sofa! You definitely deserve this, as you are super active on the forum even still. (After what, like 4 years?!) Even though my annual posts are suuuper informative and stuff, you definitely deserve this way more than me, though I still beat you to veteran haha. Also I'm fairly sure this is fate, because just as I on a whim decided to check my old hero and item ideas, (which are definitely a lot worse than I remembered them) I saw you with your new shiny blue name.

Send me a message on steam sometime! We should play some DotA soon, I can't remember if we've even played at all before... maybe just once?

Glad you remembered me also haha, I feel honoured.

Bunkansee

Heyy!

It's good to see ya around - of course I remember you dude! We should totally play sometime. I'm pretty sure I've seen your Crystal Maiden only once so you gotta show me those plays ;).

Keep ghosting around the forum man! Many good things to come :)

~Sofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JamesWilly » July 16, 2018 3:51am | Report
Congrats Mr.Sofa :D

JamesWilly

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 4, 2018 1:56am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

YAY

See you around!
~Sofa

THIS. IS. AMAZING!!!

My word, you are a moderator now?! Congratss!!
Here's to you for being such a loyal reader on my ideas and a great friend :)

Wish you all the best, Sofa! I'm proud to have known you from all the way back!

P.S: I just reposted Askeladd and Archon (he's Archdyne now, with LGBT being accepted everywhere lol), if you remember them. Do give them a look!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 4, 2018 7:46am | Report
Hey Yzreel!

Welcome back to the forums! And yes, I do remember Askeladd and Archon :)

Have fun with the contest!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved