Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Introducing Dota Levels

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Introducing Dota Levels 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 9, 2015 9:23am | Report

Introducing Dota Levels

September 8, 2015 - Dota Team

As part of today’s update we’re unveiling Dota Levels, the culmination of all of your accomplishments in Dota. Dota Levels are displayed as a badge on your Dota Profile based on your level, and are gained by earning trophies and playing matches. You can learn more about Dota Levels here.

We’re also releasing the new Treasury and enabling the Tournaments area of the Watch section. The Treasury can be found in the Heroes section, and allows you to quickly browse, explore, and purchase treasures. The Tournaments area is where you’ll be able to view matches and tournament details. We’ve also made a number of other small adjustments and bug fixes, which you can read about here.

Today we are rolling out a preload of the Reborn Update to all players that have not previously downloaded it. The Reborn Update will be coming to the main client for all Dota 2 players in the next day or two.

Additionally, if you purchased a Compendium for The International 2015, today you will receive the exclusive Harvest, Pestilence, and Sirocco Weather Effect items. We are still working on the Axe Comic/Immortal, as well as doing some tech work needed to support the Desert Terrain item. They will be granted to all Compendium owners as soon as they are ready.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 9, 2015 10:10am | Report
Is there a level/icon list out there that I can see?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 9, 2015 10:18am | Report
I dunno, but the Sirocco weather effect is really annoying with the constant dudududu sand flying around.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 9, 2015 11:34am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

I dunno, but the Sirocco weather effect is really annoying with the constant dudududu sand flying around.

Pretty sure it is for the new desert map.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 9, 2015 11:48am | Report
If a person without a Compendium is in-game with someone with a weather effect, will they be able to see it as well?

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 9, 2015 12:10pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

If a person without a Compendium is in-game with someone with a weather effect, will they be able to see it as well?

I think only the person using it can see it.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Webb » September 9, 2015 9:10pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

I guess it can be shared like announcers and other global stuff, not sure though.

Webb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » September 9, 2015 10:24pm | Report
Harvest looks cool and Pestulence reminds me of Twilight in LoZ:TP so thats cool. The shadows are cool becausde I hated moonbeam made everything oook off. The sandy one im not a fan o, but maybe when desert terrain comes out it will look good.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 10, 2015 7:41am | Report
Webb wrote:

I guess it can be shared like announcers and other global stuff, not sure though.

I dont think so because you cant chane weather effects once you loaded the map like you can just change sounds.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Webb » September 10, 2015 4:07pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I dont think so because you cant chane weather effects once you loaded the map like you can just change sounds.

You got a point. In any case the sandy one is very annoying...

Webb

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved