Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So, my team is TERRIBLE..

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » So, my team is TERRIBLE.. 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nom8 » April 8, 2014 6:58pm | Report
And I'm completely fine with that haha. We're not really a TEAM, just some friends that play together. Most of us are hovering around the 100 hour mark, so we're pretty new to the game.

In pubs, as most organized teams do, we usually win. Put when we play other teams, we do terrible. I mean total ****.

I was wondering if anyone would watch this 30 minute replay of us getting destroyed, and maybe tell us the main things we're doing wrong? Yeh, this isn't very serious, but we'd like to get good because we get pretty mad when we lose. (I don't, but my teammates do haha.)

Match ID: 599819109

edit: Skype: Bunanza-

nom8

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by saifthedestroyer » April 8, 2014 7:11pm | Report
Well its probably the fact that TWO of their players had over 2000 games and you guys hardly had 120. Also some of the item choices and picks were questionable.
i rush mask of madness and basher on puck :3

saifthedestroyer
<Editor>

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » April 8, 2014 8:41pm | Report
Practice, alot, get more co-ordination. With ~100 hours in dota, you shouldn't really be playing team games, just 5 stack in pubs. And something that i can't stress enough is, WATCH PRO GAMES. You may not be able to execute their combos, or plays, but you can learn a thing or two from them for sure. just find a team that fits your play style and learn. I learned how to mid effectively from watching Dendi for a lot of games, doesn't mean im nearly as good as Dendi, but due to a similar play style i was able to pick up on some subtle things he does that improved my game.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptainLogix » April 9, 2014 1:41pm | Report
I completely agree that we are pretty awful. With time and practice comes greatness. I appreciate the help you guys have given to us. Are there any other tips?

(Just to let you know, I'm the captain of the team. :P)

CaptainLogix

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » April 9, 2014 2:48pm | Report
@CaoptainLogix, ya, tips wise i can't really help generally, but if you have a specific question, just ask me. I know a lot about the mechanics of the game, the only reason im not better is because i can't execute :)

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 10, 2014 2:48am | Report
mastadoom wrote:

I know a lot about the mechanics of the game, the only reason im not better is because i can't execute :)

Same here ._.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved