Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Playing as a hard carry is it worth it?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Playing as a hard carry is it worth it? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » September 7, 2014 4:24am | Report
Hello and its me (yaay)
as you know I am low level(28) and I want to ask a big big big question.

Ok so I play a hard carry like Spectre or Anti-Mage and so I start farming and stuff.

But then here comes the late game where I am supposed to be really strong I still keep dying

because the team fed the enemy alot and those heroes like Faceless Void or phantom assasin and Bloodseeker keep killing me since they are most picked.

Like wtf I play Anti-Mage once and I farmed and farmed.After moments of farming I

finnaly got my Lotted items.OMG im dominating, then here comes lvl 25 tiny and kicks my ***.
after I respawned I decided to push and here comes tiny and kills me again.
In the ened I lost because tiny keeps killing me.

Once I tried spectre and again I farmed alot. Then suddenly in late game Riki and phantom assasin is super fat that even with bkb I am no match for them GG.

So is it worth it? or am I doing something wrong?
If so can someone tell me how I can improve this. ty:)

*edit

FYI I did have the alotted items to counter them but then im still dead. eg. Monkey King Bar
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 7, 2014 4:57am | Report
In order to play hard carry, you need to have a competent support. With most hard carries early game sucks, so you need constant support, you also need to have another strong lane, and a mid who is doing it's job and ganks your lane enough so you can pick off some kills or assists. If it comes to the point where both enemy and ally hard carries have the same amount of farm and items, it comes down to how well you play, assuming your team is equal to the enemy team. Just keep playing, stay safe in lane, farm and only go for kills when you are sure you can get them. If your support is not being aggressive and harassing, you need to get a new support, your support should be taking the harass and letting you safely farm.

gl hf :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 7, 2014 5:17am | Report
Anti-Mage isn't really a Hard Carry, Tiny is, hence why you lost to him in a fight. Rather than fighting Tiny, you should have tried Split-Pushing against him. Go to the Creep Wave that's getting closest to one of your Towers and clear it, then activate Manta Style and send your Illusions ahead to clear the next Wave, while you Blink/ Boots of Travel over to the next Creep Wave.

Avoid fighting unless you have a definite advantage, e.g. you have the rest of your Team to back you up while you go on Tiny, whereas the rest of his Team are halfway across the Map.

Being 6-slotted isn't enough, you still have to outplay the other Team - Xyrus 2014

The reason you get killed by Heroes like Faceless Void and Bloodcyka is that they reach their peak a lot faster than you do. That's why Hard Carries aren't picked much in high-skilled games, they're trash if they don't have space to Farm, whereas Mid-Game Heroes can win the game before you ever get a chance to be effective.

Rather than Picking Heroes that are weak early on, like Anti-Mage and Spectre, try Heroes that can get Kills early on, but can Scale quite well into the Late Game, e.g. Wraith King, Terror Blade, Slark, Weaver, Mirana, etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by terrorblade123 » September 8, 2014 1:23am | Report
Spectre is really bad in pub.. The thing about Anti-Mage is how fast he can farm with that battlefury and blink which means he can get six slotted faster. Anti-Mage vs Tiny = Tiny Wins definitely esp. if anti-mage doesnt have BKB

terrorblade123

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved